| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Throttle position plug  (Read 5557 times)
RobB

« on: March 16, 2007, 06:15:37 pm »

Hi, I m at the point of fitting lpg conversion to my 94 espace. One of the wires from the electonics has to connect to the c terminal of the throttle position sensor. I had a quick fiddle this afternoon but could not remove the connecting plug. I presume that it pulls off after pressing the two small plastic lugs on either side of the plug but I could not remove the plug. I thought that I would check here before I carry on in case I have it wrong and saw this post. So is the plug just a tight fit and I have to pull harder and do the small lugs have to be depressed first . thanks Rob
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 08:00:34 pm »

I have split your question into a seperate thread as it did not make relevance with the one you placed it in Smiley

These plugs are the standard Bosch plugs and they are designed to be difficult to remove, but as long as you don't pull the wire, you will not risk breaking anything by pulling. There are no tabs to press, but there's a locking wire around the plug which will have to be pulled past the tabs on the connector on the TPS.

I suggest you fiddle some more Wink

- Anders
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 08:05:28 pm by Anders Dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
RobB

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 02:47:18 am »

Thanks Anders. Easy when you know how!