| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: remote central locking  (Read 61836 times)
renaultbiler

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 08:52:55 am »

As this IS an Espace with a 4 digit security code, the ecu can be reset quite easily. The dealers procedure (foreign decoder) is widely mentioned in various NT's. I do however have the impression this is not common knowledge (what do they read at all..?).

Pre this i have already said that instrument cluster + BII + keys from a foreign car can be used ( mileage copying on JE should be quite commonly known now, already mentioned on several subjects ) and presto you have a foreign and coded decoder in the car - i am not talking as i was a dealer apostle here, cheapest solutions MAY exists outside the dealers network IF you know what to do AND how to do it. That is one of the purposes with a forum like this...

What dealers do -or mostly do not do -is not the issue here - but ofcourse they cannot use unofficial methods EVEN THOUGH i have helped Renault dealers in removing immobiliser AND blanking ecu's  Roll Eyes (VERY unofficial then, i guess), just trying to save this guy from buying a new BII, new Instrument cluster, new ECU and new keys -IF he wants to try and fix it without leaving it all to a dealer (then we probably would never see a question in a forum anyways).

You can argue about everything for sure, what i am stating here is a fix on this and other pre 2001/2002 Renaults (that all have 4 digit codes unless they are not newer multiplexed cars). Only post dealers work in this case might be some configuration chenges, but there is quite a few with dealers tools around that can do this.

And an immo code calculator for gen 1 and gen 2 is available for free download various places on the web, works like a dream - so not dependant of Renault for that either Grin -as long as you have one of the original keys with label available.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:54:17 pm by renaultbiler » Logged

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
ross

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 07:18:48 pm »

Hi Tom,(renaultbiler)

If my understanding of your last message is correct, then you are telling me that my plan to swap all the electronic components from another Espace into my Espace is possible.
There would seem to be a difference of opinion on this subject, but I was hoping that this might be the answer.
If I don't worry about the mileage being correct then can I just change all the componemts, dashboard-computer-keys-B11 from one Espace to another ?
Many thanks for your reply.
Regards
Ross

2005 Grande Espace 2.2DCi
1994 2.1Td Espace
2005 Kangoo 1.2
1977 Renault 16TL
1974 Renault 16TX
renaultbiler

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 10:43:14 am »

Yes you can - but note that there is a few different BII versions (BII - B2 , BII - B3) and this is stated on a sticker on the BII unit. Best luck with identical one.  Then you "only" have to reset / or bypass the coded solenoid valve on the diesel engine as it wont match any second hand components you put in.

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
Sommerby

Spaceship Pilot

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 05:43:38 pm »

I also got problems with the remote central locking system on my JE 2.2DCI from 2000.
I have 2 original keys which were working OK until resently. Both keys gradually got more and more unstable and it is now very rare that they works.
I have also tried the sync procedure mentioned in this tread, but without any succes.
I have done following:
Inserted  key in ignigtion and powered on until the warning light disapeered.
Took the key out of the ignigtion and pressed the central locking button at the roof panel untill the 2 click noises.
Warning light is on.
When I press the two keys (one at the time) while the warning light is on, the warning light remain on untill timeout.
I have off course at a early stage renewed the batteries in the keys.

Can it be the reciever which is bad? or what do you guys think?

Best Regards
Bo

Best Regards
Bo
ross

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2008, 09:15:54 pm »

Hi Bo,

Unlike your troubles my remote central locking has never worked as long as I have owned the car, as when i bought it the previous owner said that it was only a battery problem with the keys.
I took my car along to the Renault main agent and they could not get their computer to talk to my computer, and their solution was to rip out the whole system and replace it all, for about £1000.
I have lived with my solution, locking the car with the central locking button, and then locking the passenger door with the key.
If you can do this then there is very little wrong with the system, but it is uneconomical for "Renault" to spend time trying to pinpoint the cause of the fault.
I trust that you have had the keys checked to see if they are both emitting a signal, which is something a lot of independant people can do for you.
Apart from this piece of advice there is very little more I can add as after 3 years I am still in the same position.
Best of luck with your search.
Regards
ross

1994 2.1Td Espace
2005 Kangoo 1.2
1977 Renault 16TL
1974 Renault 16TX
ross

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 11:00:15 pm »

Hi All,
You may remember my thread regarding the problems with my remote central locking, and my questions about swapping units from one car to another, well I have done it and it has worked.
I bought a similar car to mine, as spares, for a lot less money than Renault want for the electronics system, and swapped out the dashboard, b11 unit, keys and diesel solenoid, and it all now works a treat.
What a good feeling to be able to walk up to the car, press the key fob and hear the clunk, see the indicators flash and have the interior light come on.
If you need any more information please let me know.
Regards
Ross

1994 2.1Td Espace
2005 Kangoo 1.2
1977 Renault 16TL
1974 Renault 16TX
fragmaster

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2010, 01:30:34 pm »

I have a 2.2 turbo diesel grand espace, year of manufacture is 2000(W).
ever since I have owned it, about 18 months now the remote central locking has refused to work.
All the other cars fuctions seem to work correctly but my local renault dealer wanted over £1000 to fix the problem.
I lock the car using the central locking button on the overhead console and the passenger door lock.
I have had the keys checked and the one we normally use is not emitting a signal.
I have purchased a new key fob off of Ebay but I have not had the courage to try and reset the keys using my old working key and the new one I purchased off of Ebay.
Can I align the two key codes or do I have to take them to my dealer?
I would be very grateful for any help you can offer.
regards
Ross

i have had this poroblem on a few renault keys and it has always been the little ir diode that attaches to the small circut board inside the key fob has a broken leg.. it is mounted to the board with two legs soldered check for break, sometimes its not apparent at first
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: