| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bagheea or Murena wanted  (Read 7943 times)
matt

« on: May 16, 2007, 09:57:18 pm »

Hi i,m looking for a Bagheea or a Murena for a restoration project.i,ll considder anything but would prefere a complete car.My e mail is gaf3d@hotmail.com
Regards matt
Sorry Forgot to mention our location Truro,Cornwall,England Smiley
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 03:04:10 pm by matt » Logged
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 10:47:14 pm »

I think you would do yourself a favour by mentioning whereabouts you live. :-)
However, the IP address you posted from appears to be in th UK, which should give you plenty of possibilities.

Also, you might want to join the Matra club UK - as there are cars for sale within the club, and evenly important, plenty of possibilities for spareparts and advice. MECUK and other clubs are listed here:   http://www.matrasport.dk/pointers.html#clubs

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
matt

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 03:07:51 pm »

I think you would do yourself a favour by mentioning whereabouts you live. :-)
However, the IP address you posted from appears to be in th UK, which should give you plenty of possibilities.

Also, you might want to join the Matra club UK - as there are cars for sale within the club, and evenly important, plenty of possibilities for spareparts and advice. MECUK and other clubs are listed here:   http://www.matrasport.dk/pointers.html#clubs

Thanks for pointing that out.Mike Halley from the Matra Club uk kindly pointed me in your direction and your excellent web site.Regards Matt
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 12:28:02 am by Lennart Sorth » Logged
davidewanprice
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 09:02:39 pm »

There looks to be a nice Murena on the bay at the moment! Looks worth a bid!
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 11:38:49 pm »

Cheers mate.. and welcome to the world of matra geeks!! Smiley
If its the same to you, I will STRONGLY recommend that you go for a Murena and not a Bagheea.
Especially since you suggest a restoration project..
Unless you take a particular joy in mending rust , you would be far better off with a  Murena.
The bag is renown for its ability to corrode... in fact is ability to decompose was a  key reason for the Murena being the first production car to be hot dip galvanized.. they were THAT bad.
I like the look of the bagheea very much, but I believe Murenas to be a "superior car in every way, and i think it will make for a much more "manageable" project.. with simons stocking a complete inventory of spare parts.       
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: