| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Colors - Mephisto Red - Coral  (Read 28239 times)
hru

Murena Lover :-)

« on: May 16, 2007, 10:00:46 pm »

Hey all

What are the differences between the two colors Mephisto Red and Coral ?

I have always thought of my own car as 'red' - mephisto red

- but looking at different pictures it seems to be more orange - which could indicate like the 'coral' or maybe just caused by lose of brightness and color......

See attached pictures

/ Henrik

(hmmm - not easy to add pictures)

Matra Murena 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 01:00:28 am »

"mephisto red".. yeyy.. same as mine Smiley
In sharp sunlight mine also look sort of light orange'ish
Id say that those cars are the same color (mephisto red).. Looks like the color on my car, but in different lighting.

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=73508&ipc=232869
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:11:32 am by krede » Logged
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 06:19:29 am »

I seem to remember there is a colour table on one of the french sites....  Huh

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 09:53:36 am »

Is this Your Murena? Excellent condition!!!  Shocked

Also mine is Mephisto red  Cheesy but when I bought it, the colour was trully orange! After 16 hours of polishing it is red again.

hru

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 05:55:40 pm »

I seem to remember there is a colour table on one of the french sites....

It's espace-murena.com - when you register your car, you get a colour scheme to select from - but it is not very accurate in the colours.............

Looking in the espace-murena register, I think the second picture I attached was the 'Coral' color.

I am thinking of repainting my car, but I can't decide the color - I am like a woman  Wink

The red is really nice - as you all know  Smiley but then I was thinking of red leather interiour which would then require the car to be light blue, silver or white.

Well, I need a new windshield before I can start the paintjob ........

/Henrik

Matra Murena 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 08:14:43 pm »

I would like to have my car resprayed too. It looks pretty good from 10 feet away, but up close you can tell that it has quite a few flaws.
I'm not particular fond of Red cars (maybe that explains why all my cars except one, four in all, has been red?.. and well the last one was kinda red'ish.. from rust)

Silver would have been my choice 5-7 years ago..but now... you are more or less drowning in German silver family turbo diesels.
White is a real sportscar color, like on the integras or better yet, the mk2 Supra 2.8's from the early 80'is. Problem is that white seems to be the new trendy color that everybody's got to have so I'm not too sure about that one either.
I've considered black, as this was the "cool" color to have in the 80'ies, but im not sure how well it would go to the black plastic trim.
davidewanprice
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 09:01:23 pm »

That car is sickeningly tidy! I always thought mine was OK but it looks like a wreck compared to that, well done and keep it that way!
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 09:32:40 pm »

White is a real sportscar color...

This is totally different in Czech rep. White cars are 10 - 20.000,- CZK cheapers, nobody wants them. Why? Because most of all company cars are white, so when somebody is selling white used car, everybody thinks that it was a company car with X00.000 kms. White Murena? From my opinion, NO!  Smiley I had silver 2,2 and I though that it is the best colour for this car, but now I have red 2,2 S and I can't imagine it in another colour. I think, when Your car originally was red, it has to be red again.

hru

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 09:44:14 pm »

I've considered black, as this was the "cool" color to have in the 80'ies, but im not sure how well it would go to the black plastic trim.

I have a black Murena in the garage.
If you want, I can take som photos tomorrow.

In my opinion it doesnt  come to it's rights - a Murena has to be in bright colors, eventually also red or orange.

/Henrik

Matra Murena 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 11:07:16 pm »

In my opinion it doesnt  come to it's rights
Yahh.. that was what I thought aswell... black tend to blur out the shapes... but id sure like to see some pictures regardless Smiley
Guess nothing beats white really... and especially since it will be much easier to maintain.. fiberglass and all Smiley 

Nothing like a mat black three liter Ford Capri with slot mag rims and vinyl roof  though..... When I was a kid, a guy further down our street had TWO of those!!!

As for upholstery, I have persuaded they guy that does that kinda stuff where I work (army) to do my seats in leather, as soon as the summer/vacation is over.
1000dkr pr seat seems like a fair price to me.. ohh..  + the cost of the leather... witch will be at least the same..... but I think its worth it. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 11:20:52 pm by krede » Logged
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 12:39:23 am »

As for upholstery, I have persuaded they guy that does that kinda stuff where I work (army) to do my seats in leather, as soon as the summer/vacation is over.

Excellent!
Have you considered to have the drivers seat headrest extended, before wrapping it in leather ? - I think even smallish drivers could benefit - and I certainly only have a nect-rest in my car :-)

Does he take orders ?

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 02:28:10 am »

My headrest is fine.. its only headroom that is a problem...  Smiley
Does he take orders ?
I don't think so.. think he was overcome by my murena when he saw it, and he mentioned that it was a "friends" price, and that it could not be done any cheaper.
But Ill ask him.. Smiley
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 10:44:07 pm »

What are the differences between the two colors Mephisto Red and Coral ?

I have always thought of my own car as 'red' - mephisto red

Your car is mephisto red Henrik, or at least it looks like it from the photos, but if it has had any areas repainted, then the accuracy will depend on how good they did the job.  Coral is very different from mephisto.  For a start Coral is a metallic colour.  It is a sort of rosé colour.  All the colours and colour codes are listed on my website in the FAQ pages.

The only car I can think of here in Coral is John Allan's 1.6 Murena.  It is quite a rare one now since all the metallics suffered from the lacquer cracking problem, and most were resprayed often in different colours.

Personally I love the car in the yellow that Matra produced, but for hiding scratches and being able to 'blend in' I still like my original silver.  Yes I know it is so common now, but no one notices when you are travelling at very high speeds, whilst the bright colours draw immediate attention!  I can vouch for this from experience with all my cars: silver, red and yellow Murena.

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 01:12:18 am »

It appears that one of our members in DK has an original Coral Murena. It's the one between the yellow and the white one in this photo:

There's only little visible difference between the (faded) red in the foreground (mine) and the coral one further back.

- Anders Cool

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 12:40:40 am »

And here's a colour chart: