| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My pictures from Le Mans 2007  (Read 7743 times)
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« on: June 19, 2007, 02:17:39 pm »

Not the biggest Matra content, but hey! - Henri Pescarolo had a car on the podium for the third year in a row!

As some (or most?) of you know, I'm in a team of people writing the majority of the english language content on the official lemans.org site during the race:

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/pages/som_articles_gb.html

- which is a fantastic job, even if iterally IS a job, keeping us very busy throughout the race, so I seldom get much time to actually go ttrackside and watch, except for a few hours here and there. On the other hand, we're sitting in the perssroom on the top of information, and in case something isn't clear, we can run to the pits and ask the team whats going on. 

My pictures from the event covers mostly things in the week leading up to the event - mainly scrutineering on monday and tuesday, where the general public can get close up to the cars and drivers. That is always a marvellous event.

A selection of my snapshots can be seen here:  http://www.sorth.dk/p/20070611-17/

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
macaroni
YaBB God

Murena and Multipla - I like it 3 abreast!

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 03:54:55 pm »

Tough job eh?

Some great pics there. I also see your focus was diverted away from cars/drivers for a while...

Shame the Peugeot couldn't follow the pole with a win. Next year...
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 04:54:57 pm »

I LOVE! that "Gulf" color scheme...

now.. about those Hawaiian  Tropic girls . . .  Grin
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 06:32:15 pm »

I LOVE! that "Gulf" color scheme...
Mee too - absolutely fabulous. One of the drivers (Karim Ojjeh) is related to the Tag Heuer empire, thus he had Tag Heuer on his drivingsuit as well. They all had expensive TH watched as well, of course. But Ojjeh and Michael Vergers were really nice to talk to -  I never managed to catch the danish owner and third driver Juan Barazi, who  was delayed in arrival, and rushed away from the scrutineering press area.
I was sorry to see the car retire, but they had run into far too many problems, and when they finally got it going, Ojjeh spun in the Ford chicane and totaled the car. It was SO heartbraking. Ojjeh just sat there, at the pit entry, completely devastated, for about 30 minutes. Poor guy.

now.. about those Hawaiian  Tropic girls . . .  Grin
Yeees, what about them ? ;-)

I can quickly round their assets up like this, does that make you feel any better ?   :
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:54:54 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 06:54:53 pm »

Lennart!! you'r a Pig!.excellent.... keep it up!! Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: