| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace - test mode - lights  (Read 7311 times)
EP08

« on: June 24, 2007, 07:42:41 pm »

Hello

I'm new here so best regards from Poland to everyone.

I have a question.
Is there any way to check dashboard lights in a test mode?
I need some way to lit up all the lights eg. airbag, ABS etc.
I know that in other Renaults there is a "test mode" like in Megane II and what about Espace??

Regards
Tomasz

Espace III V6 24V 2000
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 09:12:41 pm »

Is there any way to check dashboard lights in a test mode?
I need some way to lit up all the lights eg. airbag, ABS etc.
I know that in other Renaults there is a "test mode" like in Megane II and what about Espace??

There is no test mode like the Megane 2 Tomasz.  However, when you first switch on, the system runs through a self check.

Do you have a specific problem?  Why do you need to see all the lights?

EP08

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 11:22:51 am »

Quote from: roy4matra
There is no test mode like the Megane 2 Tomasz.  However, when you first switch on, the system runs through a self check.

Do you have a specific problem?  Why do you need to see all the lights?

Hello Roy

Just need to know if all lights are working. I've read in manual that before startup, all warning lights should lit up for max 3 seconds. Im my car not all goes up, for ABS it binks, but for airbags not. I went to Renault Garage and they said that not all lights  should be blinking. My car, before starting says OK. In Renault they said that if it say OK, it is OK and the light for eg. airbags will lit only if there is a problem. Is that true? Because now I have two versions, Garage says something and manual says different.

Best regards
Tomasz

Espace III V6 24V 2000
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 10:55:11 pm »

Hello Roy

Just need to know if all lights are working. I've read in manual that before startup, all warning lights should lit up for max 3 seconds. Im my car not all goes up, for ABS it binks, but for airbags not. I went to Renault Garage and they said that not all lights  should be blinking. My car, before starting says OK. In Renault they said that if it say OK, it is OK and the light for eg. airbags will lit only if there is a problem. Is that true? Because now I have two versions, Garage says something and manual says different.

Best regards
Tomasz

Yes they are correct.  If OK comes up at the end, everything should be fine.  Airbag warning only appears if there is a fault.  The handbooks/manuals sometimes do have errors which may get corrected in later updates but not always.  e.g. Megane II handbook says the on-board computer shows instantaneous fuel consumption in one setting - well it doesn't!  It only shows an average consumption reading.  This has never been corrected to my knowledge (I haven't seen the very latest book).

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: