| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Murena Bonnet  (Read 8626 times)
davidewanprice
« on: July 05, 2007, 01:04:05 am »

I just got my murena back from the garage and ive notice the bonnet is coming apart. It seems to be made of two pieces and they are slowely dividing. Anyone had this and fixed it, if you glued it, what glue did you use without damage to paintwork? Thanks.
Bart_Maztra

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 07:05:03 am »

The same with my car. My bonnet was always very wobly-bobly. I f i drive it 120+kmh with hard wind, the corners of the bonnet behind the headlights tends to go up. I am scared that some day the wind realy catch this and open the bonnet.
I noticed that the two pieces of the bonnet is coming apart. I glue it with a polymere glue rotabond.  The bonnet is stiffer now, but i am not satisfied. I want to mount extra bonnetlocks on the corners. (i also want 100 things more to be done...)

Someone told me that there are two versions of bonnets. one is stiffer than the other.

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 08:35:16 am »

(i also want 100 things more to be done...)

There's the words of a true Matra owner - I think we all have a phonebook of ideas and things that needs fixing Wink

The glue Matra recommends is the silicone glue used to glue wind screens. It is flexible and very strong.

Bart, what year is your car?

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
lewisman

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 02:03:30 pm »

You need Sikaflex or something similar.  Try a motor factor or a windscreen repair company might even sell you a part used tube.

Don't use household silicon sealant it is not strong enough!
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 02:57:03 pm »

Sikaflex

... Sounds like a laundry detergent to me mate  Grin

ps: And just so you know.. I have the same problem as ya'all..... think we have some windscreen glue at work.. gonna try it out.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:58:50 pm by krede » Logged
lewisman

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 02:34:42 am »

... Sounds like a laundry detergent to me mate  Grin

Your clothes must come out looking worse than when they went in Roll Eyes
Bart_Maztra

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 08:22:52 pm »

(i also want 100 things more to be done...)

There's the words of a true Matra owner - I think we all have a phonebook of ideas and things that needs fixing Wink

The glue Matra recommends is the silicone glue used to glue wind screens. It is flexible and very strong.

Bart, what year is your car?

Why you are asking?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: