| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ohhh the Horror  (Read 20415 times)
krede
YaBB God

« on: July 21, 2007, 08:54:07 am »

http://cgi.ebay.de/Ferrari-F-50-Replika-auf-Matra-Murena-Basis-LPG-Benzin_W0QQitemZ320139679609QQihZ011QQcategoryZ18308QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No doubt it has cost the owner a fortune to build.... but why?.... It has ended up as something that clearly doesn't resemble neither a f50 , nor a Murena any more ....sigh...

One funny thing though... Its converted to run on LPG.. surely no Ferrari will ever  do that!! 
What is should say is F50 "WANNABE" and not "REPLICA" Smiley
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 09:01:43 am by krede » Logged
lewisman

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 01:30:24 pm »

What lovely seats Roll Eyes

If you want to make a Ferrari replica you have to do it properly -

http://www.6park.com/enter7/messages/gvk21098.html
Tricky Dicky

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 06:51:17 pm »

beauty is in the eye of the beholder, wouldn't do if we were all the same now would it.
How many honest poor people could actually afford a Ferrari?
Richard
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 06:56:05 pm »

Yahh Ive seen that one a couple of years ago... and even though I think the end result is hedious... I have to hand it to them... .. It IS excellent craftsmanship...!!

BUT!!

Can anyone honestly claim that the end result  looks better then the standard NSX??...
AND seriously!!! RUIN one supercar to make a cheap knock off of another?? I doesn't make sense!....
Its blasphemy if you ask me... but then again I have always loved sporty Hondas... the NSX and Integras in particular..
lewisman

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 08:08:04 pm »

I wouldn't do it but it is well done.  Unfortunately for better or worse it is stll a Honda but at least it has supercar performance.   A perfect Ferrari copy with an old Simca engine in it could only be a joke. Grin
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 09:28:17 pm »

Can anyone honestly claim that the end result  looks better then the standard NSX??...
AND seriously!!! RUIN one supercar to make a cheap knock off of another?? I doesn't make sense!....

Absolutely true! Where can I make my signature?  Smiley

Next comments I won't be posting - you all know why  Wink

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 01:08:27 am »

RUIN one supercar to make a cheap knock off of another?? I doesn't make sense!....

I am all with you, - but when Glickenhaus had a Ferrari Enzo converted to the Pininfarina "P4/5" he was actually on to something. ( http://tinyurl.com/36jgrj )

But then again. he started out with an UGLY supercar, and improved it, by letting the designer God himself loose  Smiley

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
lewisman

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 01:28:39 am »

Nothing wrong with trying to make something better, or even using the chassis or running gear to make something "new", I just don't see the point of trying to turn one car into a fake version of another marque.
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 08:49:53 am »

I am all with you, - but when Glickenhaus had a Ferrari Enzo converted to the Pininfarina "P4/5" he was actually on to something. ( http://tinyurl.com/36jgrj )

But then again. he started out with an UGLY supercar, and improved it, by letting the designer God himself loose Smiley

Now that's what the Enzo should have looked like in the first place if you ask me... but engine redline at 8200rpm??? Ferrari!! are you serious??..f-1 technology my ar**...most "hot" street Honda do more revs than that!!
And I agree... this is a "one off" project , and surely not trying to look like any other car... if you can make a car that is unique and looks so darn good, It would (IMHO) justify sacrificing any car , short of priceless classics...surely any car in production today would be ok!
I like the design of the Murena as much as the next person, but, I WOULD! like to see what Pininfarina could make of it!!  Grin

« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 08:55:37 am by krede » Logged
Bart_Maztra

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 12:13:47 pm »

Allthough i don't like it, it looks like the job is done very properly. Only the headlights doesn't match the big picture. And the dashboard is awfull.

krede
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 01:49:45 pm »

Are those polish license plates??.. I guess that would go some way to explain the amount of work gone into it...
davidewanprice
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 03:20:05 pm »

With the exception of the interior which looks so very bad i dont mind this conversion, at best ok but far better than most, it makes it more modern without loosing the basic shape of the murena... I would say more supra that F50, did any other coachboulders work on the murena, i know JPB had a really bad go, this makes that look amazing in my eyes..
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 06:14:59 pm »

I know that at some point there was a BMW M1 kit available..... and a VERY "lifelike" one at that... In fact I think they had to stop making it because BMW threatened a copyright lawsuit !!.. but I'm not sure.

davidewanprice
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 09:30:26 pm »

One of those was on ebay a while back and it looked well.
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 10:43:53 pm »

I know that at some point there was a BMW M1 kit available..... and a VERY "lifelike" one at that... 

Yep - Saier-M1  was the name - its even mentioned on the MatraSport Murena page, and on the "specials" gallery:

http://www.matrasport.info/Cars/Murena/Gallery2/Med/original_M1.html

This is the original (and banned) version, where the front grille is very BMW'ish - the later one that BMW agreed to, had a rather kitkcar-nasty front. But then again, even BMW themselves have these days reduced their car-design to ugly kitcar lookalikes, so ...

More on the Saier M1 here: http://www.bmw-m1-replica.de/

/Lennart
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 02:26:36 pm by Lennart Sorth » Logged

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: