| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: brake hoses  (Read 8907 times)
Bart_Maztra

« on: August 06, 2007, 09:44:57 pm »

I came acros the next item:
a set off 4 stainless braided brakehoses for 85 euro.
http://www.biesheuvel.nl/shop/cat/1968/matra
Seems good value to me. But they have separate sets for the 1.6 and the 2.2. I thought that was the same?

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 07:56:00 am »

Seems good value to me. But they have separate sets for the 1.6 and the 2.2. I thought that was the same?

Yes they should be the same.  It would be interesting to find out why they think they are different.  Or is it just so they can charge more for the larger engined version! :-)

Roy

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:29:50 am »

Yes they should be the same.  It would be interesting to find out why they think they are different.  Or is it just so they can charge more for the larger engined version! :-)

Roy

Probably!!

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 10:03:32 am »

As far as I can see, the hoses cost the same for both 1.6 and 2.2 ...
Bart_Maztra

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 08:31:05 pm »

I have just ordered them. They are made at request, so they are not in stock. The guy behind the counter didn't know the difference. In fact, he didn't even know what a murena was  Grin.  The brake hose factory is now closed for the holidays. The hoses will be ready in two weeks or so. Thursday it is apk (mot) day. I hope the cracked hoses will not make a mot failure.

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:37:08 pm »

I have just ordered them. They are made at request, so they are not in stock. The guy behind the counter didn't know the difference. In fact, he didn't even know what a murena was  Grin.  The brake hose factory is now closed for the holidays. The hoses will be ready in two weeks or so. Thursday it is apk (mot) day. I hope the cracked hoses will not make a mot failure.

Good luck!! My fingers are crossed for you.

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 11:44:55 pm »

Well in the U.K. cracked flexible brake hoses are an M.o.T. failure, provided the tester is observant enough to spot them! :-)  However, the aeroquip type brake hoses are available from many places, and Earl's Hobbsport in the U.K. used to know the Murena and have all the necessary spec. to make up a set incl. all the banjo bolts, copper washers, and bleed nipples to suit.  I haven't needed them or used them for a while, but you might try them for a fast turn around.  A set used to be around £45

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: