| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Throttle sticking on V6 24V  (Read 11845 times)
Blom

« on: August 11, 2007, 11:23:30 pm »

Hi José

I have a Grand Espace 3.0 V6 24V with a sluggish speeder cable, What did the workshop do to your car with the mentioned problem you described as..

Check stiffness in accelarator pedal: done!. Now it is smooth

My workshop has changed the speeder cable but with absolutely no result, and now the are talking about a sticky throttle valve. Could that be the solution here?

Ive read Anders post about the sticky speeder cable, and ive allso tried what he suggested, but for me with no positive result.

Give a hint back here, thanks :-)

Thanks
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 03:09:25 pm »

My workshop has changed the speeder cable but with absolutely no result, and now the are talking about a sticky throttle valve. Could that be the solution here?

I don't think it's the throttle valve, Blom... that would be very unlikely as these things are really simple devices. Besides, it's easily checked by removing the cable and moving the valve. It is one of the few things in this engine that is easily accessible Wink

But more realistically, it may be the cruise control that's causing the stickyness. It is vacuum driven and connected to the valve with a rod. This is also easily accessible and can be disconnected by taking the rod off the throttle drive. If you strip it up against something and switch off the cruise control you should evel be able to drive the car with this and see if that's your problem.

I have cured most of the stickyness on our 24V by rerouting the cable over the air inlet instead of through it. But it's still a bit sticky. I would have thought it was the cable, but given your experiences, that may not be the case with our car either. I'm stll interested in locating the problem.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Blom

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 07:35:52 pm »

Hi Anders

Thanks for your reply. Well ill have the workshop look at the problem and tell them about the cruise control issue aswell. Ive allso tried to fix the stickyness taking the cable above the airinlet, but with no better result.

Hope to have it fixed, its impossible to drive with the current stickyness, its jamming all the time.

Perhaps anyone else having some suggestions aswell? What solved José problem with the stickyness in his gas pedal?

By the way, its allso sticky when the engine is turned off, its like its moving in steps.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 07:41:53 pm by Blom » Logged
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 10:33:34 pm »

Hope to have it fixed, its impossible to drive with the current stickyness, its jamming all the time.

If it's really jamming, then I think you should look at the cruise control! I have experienced a bit of jamming on our car, but only when I have just used the cruise control. Releasing the throttle pedal slightly cures the jam, and then the pedal moves freely again. I think it's the cruise control where a vacuum valve gets stuck or something. While the actuator pulling the throttle itself is easily accessible, the rest of the system is buried below the engine, so I have learnt to live with this small problem. For you, however, it sounds like it's more of a problem.

Where in the world do you live?

PS: I'm splitting the topic now.

Used to own:
Blom

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 12:15:00 am »

Hi Anders  Wink

Im from Danmark like you, we talked about the "tandrem" through email some weeks ago.

Cheers, and thanks for your suggestions, but im still interested in finding out what solved José problems with his sticky pedal.

Thanks
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 12:51:37 pm »

Hi Anders  Wink

Im from Danmark like you, we talked about the "tandrem" through email some weeks ago.

Cheers, and thanks for your suggestions, but im still interested in finding out what solved José problems with his sticky pedal.

Thanks

Oh it's you Wink

Used to own:
Blom

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 02:08:10 pm »

Grin yeah, its me...

well, really nice forum you got here, glad that i found it, lots of usefull info and great help/support.

cheers...
Blom

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 06:49:31 pm »

Btw...

As of today the speeder cable is going 98% better, the workshop sprayed alot of non acid oil in the cable and worked it afterwards, that and then placing the cable above the airinlet worked. Its satisfying that its working, but offcourse it would have made the day if it were 100% working without the slightes bit of resistance.

jfyi
José V. Gavilá

1999 Espace 3.0 V6 24V

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 08:02:16 pm »

Hello!

Hi José

I have a Grand Espace 3.0 V6 24V with a sluggish speeder cable, What did the workshop do to your car with the mentioned problem you described as..

Check stiffness in accelarator pedal: done!. Now it is smooth

Ive read Anders post about the sticky speeder cable, and ive allso tried what he suggested, but for me with no positive result.

Give a hint back here, thanks :-)

Thanks

Well, sorry, I know I am a bit late Sad but, as far as I know, they just CLEANED and LUBRICATED the throttle mechanism. Now it is perfectly smooth Cheesy

In my case, I checked previously disconnecting the rod from the cruise control and it didn't make a difference. But, of course, any stiffness there would cause problems in the throttle.

Best regards,

JOSE

JOSE V. GAVILA
La Canyada (Valencia)
SPAIN

http://jvgavila.com
Blom

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 09:50:37 pm »

Hi José

I didnt expect you to replying instantly, but glad for your answer, the solution is almost the same as it were for my cable, lots of non acid oil. They allso cleaned the throttle valve, but the thing that solved it were the cable beeing worked at.

cheers...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: