| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Renault Espace TXE Injectio  (Read 6435 times)
mishally

Renault Espace Newbie

« on: September 12, 2007, 01:52:37 pm »

Hia, Im new to all this and new to my new vehicle.  Couple of questions, hubby bought my second hand Espace yesterday and drove it home with no problems.  Within an hour of parking it the battery dies, it restarted aftre a while and this morning its gone again and is dead as the proverbial do-do!!!
Im chuffed to bits with my wagon, but as it will be the main transporter in our house for my brood of children I need to keep it well maintained and know what could possible be wrong with it (also my other half will not stand there scratching his head and looking blacnk if I can throw some solutions at him!!!)
Any ideas, everything switched off so nothing to run battery down, do these have these sort of problems.  Also question two, which is not as important but would be helpful It has a radio in it but it wont work at all even putting the codes in....any ideas.
Thankyou for taking the time to read this Grin
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 07:32:35 pm »

Hello, and welcome to the forum! And congratulations on the children transporter. I've got four of the former, and one of the latter myself. Or rather, my wife and I has it all together. It also carries a dog from time to time Smiley

About your problem: There must be something draining the battery, or the battery is dead and drains itself, so to speak.

No, the Espace's don't usually drain their batteries, but if an electrical failure has happened, of course that could be the problem.

I suggest the following simple procedure to check whether the problem is with the battery or somewhere in the car's electrical system: Disconnect the battery from the car. Then charge the battery fully. Leave the battery disconnected. Next day, reconnect the battery and try to start it. If the car starts without problems, it's probably the car itself draining the battery. You must measure the current drawn from the battery, and you should start pulling fuses until you find the source of the drain.

About your radio. It all depends on what brand and model it is. It could be wiring though, but it's difficult to say. There are no typical Espace-problems related to dead radios, I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:48:33 am »

Any ideas, everything switched off so nothing to run battery down

Hello mishally, and welcome aboard

I once had my Espace (J63) draining its battery because the towbar connector was corroded, -  but any corroded connector could easily seep the juice out of the battery.
I even had (another) car which carried a battery so small/poor that a few days could drain it just by leaving the radio or an interior light on.

But using Anders's suggestion you should quickly be able to determine if the car actually drains the battery, or the battery simply needs replacing.

Lets hope you soon find the cause, so you can start enjoying your new and wonderful car!

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: