| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New video with Murena on the circuit  (Read 5733 times)
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« on: October 21, 2007, 12:34:03 am »

Second part of the fight between my Murena S and friend's Camaro tuned to 6,2 litre and 400 HP.
Man with the camera is my friend Mira, and that boy in white T-shirt is me Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiG83FwbdCY

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 06:57:42 am »

Hey Michal it sure looks like you guys had a good deal fun there!

When the Camaro pulls out from the pit lane, it shows some of its potential, but otherwise your freiend seems to be a bit easy on his car... You seem to exploit the potential of your car more Wink you almost lost it in a sidewards slide in that corner at 4:35!

It's interesting to see how you have much better cornering speed, though your opponent clearly pulls off you. His massive amounts of power would not have admitted you a chance had he been harder on the brakes and faster on the throttle, I think. But it's still a very impressive performance you show and if you had a turbo on your engine... Cheesy

Next time you should tape the camera onto the dash... a that camera man of yours, why is he crying out in chinese all the time? Wink

Thanks for posting!

Cheers,
Anders Cool

PS: I would have liked to see the Zonda on the track!

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 10:16:38 pm »

...you almost lost it in a sidewards slide in that corner at 4:35!
Aaaah, I was so angry to me! I decided to drove through those two corners with 2nd gear, because when I drove behind Camaro with the 3rd gear it was only 2000 rpm and that really was not enough to accelerate, so next lap I shifted 2nd gear and was so horny to shot out from the corner to beat him, that I pressed full throttle, but... too much early and in next second Murena was making 360°  Roll Eyes

It's interesting to see how you have much better cornering speed, though your opponent clearly pulls off you. His massive amounts of power would not have admitted you a chance had he been harder on the brakes and faster on the throttle, I think. But it's still a very impressive performance you show and if you had a turbo on your engine... Cheesy
After racing (when I had time to think about it  Roll Eyes ), I found that I was totally wrong with strategy. His 400PS was for nothing in corners, where Matra was much much better. But what I did was, that through corners I drove close to him = I drove as slowly as him, and than I tried to be faster on the exit from the corner, but that was wrong, because that was the place where he was using his power.
Next time my strategy will be different - I will leave some distance before couple of corners, and than I will pass them with much bigger speed than he is able to, and than in the exit I will have speed advantage to leave him behind me.

Next time you should tape the camera onto the dash... a that camera man of yours, why is he crying out in chinese all the time? Wink
Grin Yes Mira is a bit more LIVE all the time, but his commentaries are funny. For example, in one moment I shifted 3th gear, but better was 2nd and I said to myself that I am stupid, and he asked me if I think that for ex. Hamilton is feeling the same when he following for ex. Raikkonen  Wink

PS: I would have liked to see the Zonda on the track!
Yes we too, there were 2 of them and one Ford GT40, but they wasn't racing with us.

For next Year I have better plans - one friend of mine with Porsche 911 is decided to go racing with us, so Mira (with his 80 kgs) will be sitting in Porsche with camera  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: