| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: valve clearance adjustment espace mk2  (Read 5656 times)
RobB

« on: November 06, 2007, 02:42:38 pm »

Hi my espace has been missing a bit lately so I have just changed plug leads, rotor arm dizzy etc. I thought I might as well check the valve clearances as well. According to the Heynes manual it says that I should line up a pointer on the back of the camshaft sprocket  and then adjust the appropriate clearances. I have always in the past just adjusted both inlet and exhaust valves whilst at top dead centre ready to fire whilst the other cylinder is at top dead centre with valves are on the rock if you see what I mean. Is there any reason on modern engines that I cannot continue to do that as it it seems a far easier nmethod for me. Any opinions Thanks Rob
tanner

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 05:20:13 pm »

Hi Rob,
             yes you have to line up top dead centre then adjust the valves as stated in the haynes manual 2 valve to each dot as you turn the engine.
i did mine last week because of the same problem also take note that number one cyclinder is at the back of the engine something to be careful of.
let me know if this solves your problem as it improved mine but did not get rid of it.

rgds
stuart
RobB

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 02:59:07 pm »

Sorry for not getting back to you Stuart. No adjusting the valve clearances made no difference. However I have just removed the head due to oil getting in the coolant and found that the inlet manifold gasket was badly broken up on cylinder 1. I think that this was almost certainly the cause of the engine missing.
Rob
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: