| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Renault Espace Helios Brakes  (Read 12210 times)
vargz

I'm a llama!

« on: May 09, 2005, 05:39:54 pm »

I have recently taken my Espace to a garage to have some brake work done, however they totally stripped the braking system from the car.  My new garage will replace the brakes if I can get a diagram of how they should go, (copper pipes etc).  Being a simple chap I have no idea where to get the diagrams from.  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jensen

I`m the happy J637 owner!!

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 11:17:23 am »

Huh
Hi.

Buy the "Haynes Service and Repair Manual", it covers all brake system in chapter 9, there is furthermore a electrical wiring diagram in chapter 12.25, covering the brake system warning light.

The Garage i use, uses a computer program called "merkonomen", it covers all repairs and diagrams for the Espace, and that is even the Matra model never was imported to Denmark. A modern garage, has no problem in finding the diagrams, the program is mostly delivered by the part supplier.

Good Luck.

Jensen.

vargz

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 06:35:17 pm »

Thanks for your help.  i've bought the Haynes Manual but the diagram isn't in there.  The diagram i need is of the entire brake pipe/hose etc.  

Huh
Hi.

Buy the "Haynes Service and Repair Manual", it covers all brake system in chapter 9, there is furthermore a electrical wiring diagram in chapter 12.25, covering the brake system warning light.

The Garage i use, uses a computer program called "merkonomen", it covers all repairs and diagrams for the Espace, and that is even the Matra model never was imported to Denmark. A modern garage, has no problem in finding the diagrams, the program is mostly delivered by the part supplier.

Good Luck.

Jensen.

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 07:27:05 am »

The brake pipes are usually either cut from the old ones or cut as needed. I have a hand drawing of the pipes for a Phase 1 (1984-1991) Espace without ABS.

But even in the original workshop manual from 1987 there's no diagram of the brake pipes or where to locate them. I do beleive your work shop should be able to / must find out themselves.

What generation is it?

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
vargz

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 04:46:30 pm »

Hi, thanks for your help.
My Espace is an L reg, (94 I think).  The original garage has disposed of the existing brakes and the new garage needs a diagram/picture/template of how the copper pipes are supposed to be shaped and fitted.  I've trawled through the net etc, even asked the local Renault garage for help (they are unwilling), but nobody seems to know what shape the pipes are supposed to be bent into.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: