| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: gearbox/clutch  (Read 7718 times)
steve1962

« on: December 29, 2007, 11:49:38 pm »

hi evrybody.well more probs.it looks like the clutch needs replacing.is it possible without removing the engine ?? it looks like it can be done.also what g/box oil ?? and what diff oil Huh? thanx,steve Huh
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 11:57:24 pm »

hi evrybody.well more probs.it looks like the clutch needs replacing.is it possible without removing the engine ?? it looks like it can be done.also what g/box oil ?? and what diff oil Huh? thanx,steve Huh
This is for a 2.2 model?

Yes, it is fairly easy.  You need to be able to support the engine, which I do from above.  You will have to remove the N/S trailing arm and drive shaft first.  Then remove the transaxle mounting bolt, undo all the bolts to the engine and remove the transmission.  If you only move it enough to change the clutch you can even leave the hydraulics connected and save having to bleed them afterwards.

There is no need to drain the oil in the transmission as removing the driveshafts will not cause a leak.  When you line up the transmission to refit it, you have to line up both clutch and O/S driveshaft.

If you want to change the oil, use 75w/90 synthetic which is the best and will give good gear changes even from cold.  If you want to use non-synthetic, use 90 Hypoid as the gearbox and differential share the same oil.  2 litre bottles are all you'll need (it takes 1.6 litres)

Roy

steve1962

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 06:52:22 pm »

thanx roy,but it looks like the clutch master is at fault.is this the same as a 1.6,or will i have to order from simons Huh??
steve
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:00:36 pm »

thanx roy,but it looks like the clutch master is at fault.is this the same as a 1.6,or will i have to order from simons Huh??
steve

Nope, 1.6 and 2.2 has different clutch cylinders, both master and slave...

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 09:27:50 pm »

Simon Isn't that expensive really... and they are usually very fast to ship.
steve1962

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 09:24:04 pm »

i certainly hope so,the car is spending more time off the road at the moment.also just found out that the master cylinder has come from a 1.6 so its had the wrong one fitted at sometime in its life !!! Shocked
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: