| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What can we learn from the numbers?  (Read 11969 times)
valross

Bagheera X 1980 + 7 Citroën

« on: January 10, 2008, 11:09:26 pm »

In an other subject Spyros told us a bit about the numbers we can find in different places on our cars.
What can we learn from them?
I have found many diffrent numbers on my car:

- The serial number on the black aluminium plate in the front hatch and punched between the windscreen and the front hatch: X6552AX555409
- A number punched to the left of the Serial number: 46924ALL
- A number on an aluminum strip at the engine bay lid: 47199
- Written in red chalk on the inside of the left door: X2 All
- Stamped in ink on the bottom of the passenger seat: 08 MAI 79
- Under the seat there is a label stamped ”15”
- plus the numbers on the engine and the gearbox

There are probably more.

Does anyone know what we can learn from theese numbers? Or where one can find information?

Lasse

Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 12:48:59 am »

In an other subject Spyros told us a bit about the numbers we can find in different places on our cars.
What can we learn from them?
I have found many diffrent numbers on my car:

- The serial number on the black aluminium plate in the front hatch and punched between the windscreen and the front hatch: X6552AX555409

I can tell you that you have a 1980 model year Bagheera X with the 1440 cc engine and 2 carbs.µ
If I look in my files, I might be able to say more.µ
So ...
X6550 = 1440 cc engine
2 = 2 carbs versus 1 = 1 carb
A = 1980µ
X = allways there
Number ... this is a long story and I need to start from 1973 to explain several jumps.
 µ
A number punched to the left of the Serial number: 46924ALLµ
µ
ALL means that you got a German specifications Matra.µ
The number 46924 is different from 47199 because one correspond to the chassis fabrication versus the other that is the assemblyµ

- A number on an aluminum strip at the engine bay lid: 47199
- Written in red chalk on the inside of the left door: X2 Allµ
You find the X on each Bagheera X , X2 because of the hinges and the door lid. On S and Courreges, you could find a S . I think that the better quality panels went to the higger quality models but this is to be confirmed
- Stamped in ink on the bottom of the passenger seat: 08 MAI 79 µ
Well, how to tell you this  Roll Eyes 79 is 29 years ago, Mai is a sign that spring is there and 08 that it's already 7 days that the workers were back at work and that since then they already forgot their day off and are now concentrating on producing a quality Bagheera for Lasse  Wink 
- Under the seat there is a label stamped ”15”µ
Don't know
- plus the numbers on the engine and the gearbox

There are probably more.

Yes yes ... Believe me, there are writings on the body, under the paint  Grin And there is a number on an alu plate on the steering 
Who else to ask ? Well if you ask the members of a french specilaised forum, I guess they will come back with one of my previous post there... Undecided or ... with some french bullshitting Embarrassed
Jacobosterlindh

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 10:25:19 am »

Good to know... this is some valuable reading...
valross

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 11:14:35 am »

Thank you! That was interesting Smiley

I now realise that my car probably has the wrong colour. It´s been repainted at some time. Is is an X and it has the grey tweed interior , it has a solid red paint and black bumpers.
According to the Matrarama, an X with that interior must be bi-coloured red/black (I found traces of red in places that was not repainted)

Is it possible to get information from the numbers about the original colour(s) of my car? I would be nice to put it back to it´s original looks

Lasse

Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 11:48:20 am »

Forget Matrarama. The guy behind it is a wrong character. µ
Since your X is a 1980, a tweed interior is correct. But this is different from the earlier tweed. I'll try to come back with a picture.µ
To put it back original, you only need the bottom black paint.
µThere is no link between the paint and any reference. The only way to know is to go to the Romorantin museum and to ask to see the archives. Not easy  Tongue 
valross

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 03:21:52 pm »

Forget Matrarama. The guy behind it is a wrong character. µ
OK!
For the Bagh X 1980, is Matrarama correct about the red colour beeing 8677 Rouge impérial and the black 8377 Black metal?
I don´t think so Undecided
In the Standox catalogue, Rouge Imperial for Matra Bagheera has the colour number 3386/RY.
And the black colour 8377 is called Noir Irise Met.
What is correct?

Lasse

Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 06:49:39 pm »

The Imperial red / Black metal is correct. However, the given number are the Verilac reference and this make of paint, you'll not find anymore. The Black ref number is shared with Dupont. For the red, I have to look at some reference. µ
µ
One thing you need to get is the colored reference charts (with plenty of pictures) published by Aiemac. (on luxury paper)
valross

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 12:07:44 pm »

One thing you need to get is the colored reference charts (with plenty of pictures) published by Aiemac. (on luxury paper)

Yes of course! I´ve seen in an other subject that you can provide the charts.
I want a set of color charts. Just tell me how to pay you!

Lasse

lasse@matra.se
Spyros

I'm a real donkey!

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 04:23:25 pm »

Ok, I will verify from Aiemac the price. (I forgot since the summer  Embarrassed ) and let you know. Just bear in mind that this is in French (I might take the decision to offer my translation services ) and ... that most of the original fabrics stocks have dryed up ( just back from HB parts, this morning, ... were I contributed to the drying)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: