| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Strange Battery Problem Espace 2.2L Auto  (Read 7165 times)
Bridge

I'm a llama!

« on: June 13, 2005, 03:49:55 pm »

My battery keeps going dead if I leave the car unstarted for more than 1 day.

First of all I thought the battery was fiished but I had it tested and was told that the tester showed everything OK , it just needed charging.

My second thoughts were the alternator however I do not think this is the case as if I charge the battery then do nothing apart from leave the car standing the battery still goes dead.

Last of all I thought that I would measure the drain on the battery with everything switched off, I could not seem to measure anything more significant than on any other car.

Someone told me that this could be caused by a bad earth, what is the likelyhood of this? And if it is a factor where should I be looking for this "bad connection"?
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 05:18:09 pm »

Replace the battery, one of the cells is probably dead.

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 09:56:57 pm »

I agree with dinsen, its most probably a bad cell in the battery.

However, I have once experienced something similar (not just a day, but say 3-4 days would more or less drain it)

This was (I think) caused by power-drain in the connector for the towbar.

The connectors appeared to be totally corroded - which is a common sign of leaking voltage, - and after cleaning the connector-plug , I haven't had any batteryproblems.

months before, I know the plug was in much better shape, so the accellerated speed of corrosion build-up was the tell-tale sign.

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: