| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: "Slightly" modified dashboards  (Read 28091 times)
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 09:52:51 pm »

Hi Bist, and welcome to the forum!!

Murena was a crossover between a coupé and a sports car, and that shows in the styling. The handling could have justfied a more sporty look, but that was not - I'm sure - the intention of the designer. The designer was thinking comfort, and practicality, and has deliberately chosen to design the car to signal these properties. The front of the car with the popup headlights and (for the early 80's) very aerodynamic spoiler is the sporty part of the car, whereas from the rear end, the car looks large and powerful, but also pleasing and stylish.

Had the Murena been concieved as a pure sports car, it would have looked quite different. It wasn't. It was a good compromise, a car that you could actually have as your only car, and still have lots of fun in.

I don't care what people do to their Murena's, but I find the original design to be complete as it is. That includes the interior. No need to change anything!

- Anders Cool

Exactly! Amen  Wink

bist

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 01:44:33 am »

Thanks for nice welcome
Its about time to post something,Iv been viewing forum for few years but havent post anything
and those pics on murena/gallery1 are little outdated too.

Its nice to hear that most of owners do realy admire matra, have appreciation, and save it in original
condition, if i were normal gay i would do that too for sure, but its stronger then me
I look criticly on everything, and what bothers me makes me sad. 
Details are ruining the conception and the interior have a lot of it,all you already know,first
quality of plastics, design of central console with those levers for air is dishonourous,
very rugged cheap looking, and out of position-somehow awry framed (maybe case only with my car) but
dont take this wrong, i love my matra very very much (and would kill for her). To someone
this isnt eminent or just dont want to sees and aviods it, i cant.

I cant agree that murena is sort of coupe. Its a sports car and its looks like it, central engine,
2 or 3 seater, good aero,proper suspension sistem, weight and breaking distribution,
driver position, and undoubtedly the feeling that makes.

Between what is good compromise, do you mean that is handling that it makes it less sporty or
is comfort inside? I cant find real reason
Little work on susp, little more hp-s and it can be a serious toy.

I will be pleased to hear your critics on pics
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 07:32:43 am »

That's a TURBO murena isn't it?...
Well.. as for criticism... I cant come up with much....
I like the colour...and the beige leather seats....
On thing I WOULD do different though, was to use a water/air Intercooler, and get rid of that cold air ducting.. Smiley

And again... Lennart... some sort of members gallery would be nice Smiley 
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 11:34:23 am »

bist, post some pics of the engine and interior to if you please ;-)

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 01:11:19 pm »

Bist, I'm not going to criticise your car, but I'll congratulate you on the result you have achieved. You have obviously put a lot of work and dedication into your car.

For some of us, Murena is a classic. The qualitites (both positive and negative) it has are all a result of the time and place it was concieved. It's history.

The early 80's was a very different era and the Murena is a result of it's time. Just look at other cars from that time! Indeed, build quality could have been better (it's not a Por*che), but that's another important part of the story of a very small french car manufacturer struggeling to survive in the arms of a large corporation with no money. I'm amazed what they achived with the resources they had!

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
bist

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 01:32:44 pm »

Ok  RazorbackNOR  ;-)

And now, The colection

And after many sleepless nights

Thanks Anders, i appreciate that and agree ofcourse
michaltalbot
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 08:07:15 pm »

Well, Bist, as everybody know  Grin , I adore the original look, and every tuning and modification, from my point of view, means only a destruction of original Matra product, which in these times is more and more rare, but... Your work looks realy very fine, and I must to say, that the result looks balanced, clean and with sense for detail. Its much better than some Ferrari replicas.  Wink 

lewisman

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 11:32:52 pm »

There is always a place for evolution - as long as there are still some good originals (they are very important to keep as well).  Your attention to detail and the quality of the work looks very good in the photos.

Although I like to wind Michal up occasionally when he complains about people adding switches that light up and things like that if I has a nice S murena like his I would be quite happy and I definately agree that no murena should be made to look like a pretend Ferarri or BMW Huh
bist

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 01:22:12 pm »

Yes, those ferrari and bmw replikas are realy low punch and no respect  for matra at all,
they sure havent even heard for screaming matras, pity  Sad
I dont think I have notable changed it, the biggest thing is down half of the front bumper
Im still driving Matra, very proudly as well
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 01:54:57 pm »

I think you did a nice job on the dashboard, looks slmost like it was orginal to the car. Any pics of the work and progress on making it?

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: