| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Has anyone replaced the rubber seals on front and rear lights?  (Read 8552 times)
davidewanprice
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:14:39 pm »

I’ve been looking at why i get moisture in my boot an found that the rubber that surrounds the light fittings is pretty shot and may be one reason for letting some moisture in to the boot. Has anyone replaced this and where did they get it from? I’ve also noticed that the rubber inside the front lower covers is also pretty tired too... any suggestions
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:56:02 pm »

Sometimes looking in the catalog from Simon helps.

Front partnr 16009 € 8,57 incl tax a piece.
Rear  partnr 16028 € 4.76 incl tax a piece.

http://www.simon-auto.de/pdf/kapitel_16m.pdf

scroll down
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:02:09 pm by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
davidewanprice
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 04:00:36 pm »

Didnt look as i would prefer to shop in the UK! But maybe i'll give him a try...
Titus

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 09:12:38 pm »

I’ve been looking at why i get moisture in my boot an found that the rubber that surrounds the light fittings is pretty shot and may be one reason for letting some moisture in to the boot. Has anyone replaced this and where did they get it from? I’ve also noticed that the rubber inside the front lower covers is also pretty tired too... any suggestions

Old thread I know, but to add; I too have been getting water leaking into the boot when raining heavily. I met up with MEC UK this weekend and asked Roy if he had any ideas since I could see no problems with the rubber seal between the car and glass boot lid, or the light covers for that matter. He pointed out the rivets that hold the 'Talbot-Matra' end piece in place, the ones that are vertical and under the glass boot lid when you open it. Mine were not sealed and had the hole running down the middle open for water to run straight down them and into the boot. A bit of silicone and problem solved. Thanks Roy.

1.6 Murena
Oskar

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 09:25:42 pm »

Old thread I know, but to add; I too have been getting water leaking into the boot when raining heavily. I met up with MEC UK this weekend and asked Roy if he had any ideas since I could see no problems with the rubber seal between the car and glass boot lid, or the light covers for that matter. He pointed out the rivets that hold the 'Talbot-Matra' end piece in place, the ones that are vertical and under the glass boot lid when you open it. Mine were not sealed and had the hole running down the middle open for water to run straight down them and into the boot. A bit of silicone and problem solved. Thanks Roy.

can you point out more exactly where?    Smiley

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
Titus

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 09:37:13 pm »

I don't have a photo right now, but if you are standing at the rear of the car and the glass is open, look down into the gutter between the rubber glass seal and the end boddy work that has the 'Talbot-Matra' logo on it. There are 4 rivets, I think, that hold this, meauring about 15mm and painted the same as the car. As I say, mine have the centre hole open for the water to run through. Not sealed mine yet, but I'm pretty sure Roy knows his stuff.

1.6 Murena
davidewanprice
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 01:07:49 am »

I think these are the rivits that hold the cable release mechanism on the inside of the boot. Im sure 2 of these rivets hold the boot cover stops. I took my car to be serviced and as a result both of these rivets were damaged (stretched) and could possibly could let water in as a result. I have also seen in heavy rain (and when washing the car on a slope) water building up in the bottom corners of this area. where the drains are. does anyone know where these drains lead? I guess they are slightly blocked. I keep meaning to poke mine to clean them out....
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 04:37:04 pm »

can you point out more exactly where?    Smiley

Pour water on and you can see where it gets in. Silicone does the job nicely.

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: