| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hi all........help with rear caliper needed  (Read 5524 times)
crit71

« on: April 10, 2008, 02:40:32 pm »

Hi everyone Grin. Just registered with hope of some help in sourceing a rear off side caliper for my W reg espace 2.0lt rxe. My local renault dealer can't even help with this problem, because they say that it needs to be reconditiopned and would mean it could be off the road for 5 to 7 days........which is un-acceptable.

So the story so far is I've sourced a caliper from brakes international, which they supplied me, and which has turned out to be wrong. Apparently the one I've been supplied is the most common and it's a Lucas type. Has anyone got any idea on exactly what the caliper could be?, should be? I'm truely stumped, since the local Renault dealer can't even shed light on it Huh.
Thanks, Chris.

Nice forum you's have got by the way! Undecided
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 04:09:08 pm »

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum!

What a horrible Renault dealer you've got there. Of course they can get you a new one. I really suggest you try another dealer. I don't know whether there are several types, but it's quite possible there is, but as the dealers have a graphic system with complete listings of all possible part numbers, they shouldn't have a problem!

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 11:07:23 pm »

... some help in sourcing a rear off side caliper for my W reg espace 2.0lt rxe.

Thanks, Chris.

As always Chris, you must provide details...  VIN, Fabrication number, at least, as manufacturers change parts and as there at least two different units fitted to your car, these are needed to distinguish which ones were fitted.  However, even then, sometimes these are not enough and you have to supply the make or type fitted as they can be fitted side by side and this is the only way to match what you have.  After more than 35 years in the trade, I have become used to it, but may owners do not understand.

So please provide these details and I will check it for you - I have the latest Dialogys.

Roy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: