| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: taking the engine out  (Read 30501 times)
ESPACED

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 12:49:19 pm »

Hi Ross,
pictures would be great, did a rebuild on my engine last year and realy do not want to take it out a gain if possible
Have stripe dash down, well the bottom part only, but  was unclear how to take the matrix out on the drives side.. also very difficult to see under the bonnet elease the wahow to r
ESPACED

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 12:55:15 pm »

Hi Ross,
don't ask me how that happened, lap top acting a little crazy?
pictures would be great, did a rebuild on my engine last year and realy do not want to take it out a gain if possible
Have stripe dash down, well the bottom part only, but  was unclear how to take the matrix out on the drives side.. also very difficult to see under the bonnet  how to re lease the water pipes.. help would be great..
many thanks

Tony

p.s.
why is this LAP TOP doing strange things?
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 04:49:44 pm »

I did a rebuild on my engine last year and really do not want to take it out again...

Tony, you definitely do not have to take the engine out to change either side matrix.  You do have to strip the dash though which is a big job.

... also very difficult to see under the bonnet how to release the water pipes.. help would be great..
many thanks

The clips have a 'button' which you press in, which then releases the hose lock from the pipe and you can pull the hose off.  Effectively the pipe has a groove around it near the end and the hose/clip locks into this groove.  The important point if you remove any of these type joints, is to really make sure they have locked in again when refitted.  If they are not locked, the hose can blow off when the cooling system comes up to full pressure, and you loose your coolant!  I have seen vehicles towed in where this has happened.  The owner thought the hose was tight, but it wasn't locked properly.

Roy

ross

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 10:49:41 pm »

hi Tony,  I have sent a batch of photos showing various stages of my engine removal process, but I haven't seen them on the blog yet, or I don't know where to look.
I am still writing the instructions, but it is a longer process than I first thought.
Have you had a go at replacing your heater matrix's yet ?
Regards
Ross

2005 Grande Espace 2.2DCi
1994 2.1Td Espace
2005 Kangoo 1.2
1977 Renault 16TL
1974 Renault 16TX
ESPACED

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 10:15:21 pm »

Hi Ross..
all done now.. cost me a small futune as I gave it to a machanic I know, to cold for me to work on a car in December , the heaters are great now replaced both heater matrics...
thanks for asking
cheers Tony
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: