| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New feature....?  (Read 6326 times)
RazorbackNOR

« on: May 10, 2008, 08:23:22 pm »

Hello Lennart, now that the forum has moved to the new server, have you given any thoughts about a members gallery in here....?

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 10:01:13 pm »

There are thoughts, but I don't think they are quite ready to materialise yet. A wiki is also in the thoughts.

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 01:34:31 am »

There are thoughts, but I don't think they are quite ready to materialise yet. A wiki is also in the thoughts.
Indeed  - we now have space and cpu power to do whatever we like. However I need time to find
a system that provides us with the features we would like.

A wiki is one option, but there might be other ideas. Suggestions are welcome.

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 02:18:49 pm »

A wiki is one option, but there might be other ideas. Suggestions are welcome.

IMO it very much depends on what we want to use it for.

I think a "Matra Photo Gallery" would be a good thing, but only if you, Lennart, feel that it could substitute the photo section of your MatraSport site? If you do, then I think it should copy your structure and content, but add a personal section, where people can share photos of their own car or other personal Matra photos, and there should also be a prominent section on Matra related events.

Wikis seem to work well around the world. It's a good solution that inspires collaboration. But it requires work for the authors - us! Are we ready to do invest the time in making the wiki "complete"? A wiki with just a few random articles won't do any good - it has to be "big" and have "quality" in some way.

And, I'd like to point out that we have a feature on the forum, which has been very rarely used until now: The "sticky topic". If someone wants to write a "Histrory of Matra", it can be posted in the "General  Discussion" section and marked "sticky". It will then always show up on top of the topic list. The original article can be edited later, and comments can be posted.

The list of Matra clubs could also be posted there, and we could post articles on the history of the models in the relevant sections. BTW, Lennart and I appinted the first sticky topic a few weeks ago: http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php/topic,966.0.html

A wiki would be a "second place to look" for most users of the site - sticky topics show up immediately where everybody looks first - on the forum Smiley

And if the "sticky topics" should grow out of size, we can discuss a wiki again.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: