| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 10 Years  (Read 12136 times)
Will Falconer

« on: November 18, 2005, 10:18:45 am »

Congratulations to Lennart for celebrating 10 years of the Matrasport website.

It has clearly become the Google of the Matra World! In fact if I check anything Matra related on Google the first page of results always refers to Matrasport.

Well done, and we look forward to the next ten years.

Will Smiley
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 11:01:09 pm »

Well done, and we look forward to the next ten years.

Thanks Will, - I certinly look forward too.  

The funny thing is that MatraSport was on the web BEFORE google (yes, there was an Internet before Google :-) )
- so no wonder they found my pages when they got their search engine running :-)

Matra later made a full copy of the site once every second month or so - evidently not automatic, so somebody must have done it manually!  - I'd love to meet that employee :-)

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 12:50:43 pm »

Matra later made a full copy of the site once every second month or so - evidently not automatic, so somebody must have done it manually!  - I'd love to meet that employee :-)

... digging the logs are we :-)
Oh well, it's always funny, until they grow into the gigabyte size as yours obviously must have. Or you have a good analyzer...

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 01:31:41 am »

Well I use webalizer, - but since a full sitecopy transfers  afair amount of data, I (only) noticed it because it was on the top-10 downloaders every now and then.

As a demonstration I have created a temporary acces here:

http://www.matrasport.dk/usage  

use userid: demo
   password : demo

Click on a month. The country statistic is sweet - but also the entry and exit pages. I prefer peopl eleaving the site from my "pointers" list - and preferably not from the main page.

Its also interesting to see that the majority of hits must be fairly european - as there is a daily fluctuation, with a minimum at 4am

Sometimes the major "hitters" are searchengines though - such is life.

Regards

Lennart
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 01:32:38 am by Lennart » Logged

Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 09:43:20 am »

Thanks, great to see :-)
I notice that almost 10% of all hits in november are 'Not Found', probably mostly attempts to break into your server. Also notice that Yahoo is most active search engine.
Seems there are more machines than humans surfing the internet. Interesting... the internet is getting a life of its own?

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 08:13:06 pm »

I notice that almost 10% of all hits in november are 'Not Found',

The major reason for this is that I initially created pages with some silly backgroundimage, which would show up if it was there - and when I got tired of it, I could just remove the JPG ... very smart.

However, that method creates a fair number of "Not Found" responses, - so I am slowly finding all references and remove the image-link Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: