| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: 2.2 parts - group buy - Anyone need anything?  (Read 87655 times)
Waldo

Diesel power :o)

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 10:49:10 am »

OK... Just been on the phone.

I have now bought the car. Seller told me the left hand trailing arm looks good, the right hand had corrosion but not through... (kein durchrosten).

It will be picked up on the 6th or 9th of June and should arrive a few days later.

I'll keep you posted.

PS: It was owned by a guy (who is now passed away) and was keept in a barn for many years! Another reason to believe it isn't in a to bad shape... fingers crossed  Wink
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 11:30:54 am »

Excellent, hooray! Cheesy

I'll be away from 10th to 15th of June - Le Mans Grin - just so you don't expect me to come over right away.

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 12:36:31 pm »

I might take the entire engine, since Im helping my cousin move from Kbh to Denmark around the first of July... and i'll be driving the van ... think I can find the room for it..
Given that the price is reasonable and that no one else have better use for it then me Smiley

I would also like to claim the the door metal window frames, and the L&R front and rear wings (skærmene) if on one has so far.

Ps: I agree with MrDinsen.... that car looks like its in pretty good nick for what it is, you get A LOT of useful parts.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 12:45:51 pm by krede » Logged
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008, 01:08:29 pm »

I might take the entire engine, since Im helping my cousin move from Kbh to Denmark around the first of July... and i'll be driving the van ... think I can find the room for it..
Given that the price is reasonable and that no one else have better use for it then me Smiley

I have already claimed the engine minus cylinder head Tongue

Used to own:
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 01:12:24 pm »

Not a problem.. I already have a spare Smiley just seemed a shame if it went for scrap...

Waldo

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 01:15:24 pm »

Hi all...

OK, so we have the following reservations so far:

Krede: Gearbox, front and rear wings
Jesper: Some interior parts, gear shift and the roof
Anders: Engine (-head), right hand door and a lot of other parts!
I'm taking all parts that differ from the 1.6 version and probably also the rear bumper...

Though Anders and I might need to armwrestle over some of the parts that always seem to break on our Murena's (rear lenses, drivers seat, side mirrors, front bumper and so on)  Wink
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:53:16 pm by Waldo » Logged
Waldo

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 01:16:50 pm »

Don't worry Krede... I will keep any surplus parts safe!
Afterall I have a big garage that is already filled with all sorts of old machines and parts  Cool
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 01:23:13 pm »

I would also like to claim the the door metal window frames, and the L&R front and rear wings (skærmene) if on one has so far.

!!!... unless of cause you need them yourself .

Ps: Anders+Waldo... could we coordinate a day around the 1 st of July to salvage the engine gearbox etc?.. might be nice to be a few ppl since the engine is bloody heavy!

PPs: I have a spare Drivers seat in pretty good condition (in grey anders!!). and Ill give it up as soon as I decide when and where to have some leather seats made/bought instead.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:31:03 pm by krede » Logged
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 01:48:44 pm »

Not a problem.. I already have a spare Smiley just seemed a shame if it went for scrap...

Don't try to fool me, Krede - you wan't it for your sofa table Grin

Used to own:
Waldo

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 01:52:21 pm »

!!!... unless of cause you need them yourself .

Ps: Anders+Waldo... could we coordinate a day around the 1 st of July to salvage the engine gearbox etc?.. might be nice to be a few ppl since the engine is bloody heavy!

PPs: I have a spare Drivers seat in pretty good condition (in grey anders!!). and Ill give it up as soon as I decide when and where to have some leather seats made/bought instead.

Krede,

I'm also going for some leather upholstery... I'm seriously considering Poland, maybe we can get some group discount  Grin

Concerning the wings, I might need the rear L+R... by the way, do anyone know how to take them off rather easy?
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 07:00:47 pm »

I'm also going for some leather upholstery... I'm seriously considering Poland, maybe we can get some group discount

Yes.. or maybe we can get Michaeltalbot can find out what its costs to have them done In the Czech republic?.(if things are still cheap there... last time I was in Praag was 14 years ago..  Wink )
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 08:14:25 pm »

Concerning the wings, I might need the rear L+R... by the way, do anyone know how to take them off rather easy?

The procedure is described in the workshop manual. I'm sure you will not find it easy, but it is possible of course. I have scanned the pages for you, starting with this one (there are four pages on the subject):

http://gallery.dinsen.net/v/biler/Murena/technical/manual/CCF30052008_00000.jpg.html

Sounds like a good idea. Weekend 28th/29th will be busy for me, but the following weekend 5th and 6th of July are free. I can bring two young, but eager, lads too Smiley

I'll keep that in mind! I want to extend the seat back on the standard seat, and as I like the grey velours, I'll see if I can reproduce that somehow. Should be possible, though it will take some work. It will be fun, though Smiley I've never worked much with a needle, but I'm pretty sure I can get my mother in law to help me with the cutting and the sewing machine. I'll need some spare "buttons" though.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 08:19:50 pm by Anders Dinsen » Logged

Used to own:
njesper

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2008, 03:08:09 pm »

Anyday before the 25 of June, I'm eager to go visit you Waldo. And if you know anybody who might be interessted in buying my white murena, please tell me. I have a hard time putting enough resources into nursing two murenas.  Tongue

Btw. if nobody have mentioned the front window, and if it is in good condition, I will be happy to grab that too.

Well, let's see. But if you have some day before the 25 of june, it would be wonderful. And if you could announce that date here on the forum, berhaps other people would join in. Grin

Best,
Jesper
Waldo

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2008, 04:27:55 pm »

Well... not sure about the date yet.

I would like to have the car in Denmark before making arrangements, but I have ordered the car to be picked up on friday the 6th. Should arrive early next week Smiley

I'm kind of busy the next few weekends, but maybe the 15th or 22nd... But to be honest a weekday would be better for me  Undecided

I don't know anyone who's looking for a Murena at the moment, but I think your car looks very nice and seems to be good value as well...
Have you tried listing it for sale in germany or sweden? (mobile.de / blocket.se)

By the way, I got more than enough Murena's at the moment, still got my project car and a german 1.6 sitting at my workshop...
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2008, 04:34:16 pm »

I'm kind of busy the next few weekends, but maybe the 15th or 22nd... But to be honest a weekday would be better for me  Undecided

15th is out of the question for me. 22nd probably too as I think my wife wants us to be home the following weekend after me and two of my lads have been away to Le Mans. Week from 23rd to 29th is pretty bad - it's midsummer and we will have a busy schedule.

I can probably take a weekday off if needed, but why the rush? - better have the necessary time to do the work. Especially on the heavy drivetrain.

- Anders

Used to own:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: