| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace Phase 1 Dead  (Read 5651 times)
Elmo the Espace

« on: February 14, 2009, 10:13:30 pm »

Im off to look at a mates 1989 2000i 8v petrol Espace tomorrow.
The espace has stood since december and the battery was flat.
He rmoved the battery charged then refiited and managed to connect the poss to neg which gave a big flash. The battery then was connected correctly but since then the espace has been completly dead nothen works not even the interior lights.
Is there a fuseable link on the possitive side he says he has tried the fuses and all look ok.
Also do you think he could of killed the ecu or is that protected.
Any help would be appreciated

1965 Land rover 2a SWB
1966 Land Rover 2a SWB
2 x 1994 2.0i Espace's
Transit 140 bhp limited SWB 2009
Elmo the Espace

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 06:42:50 pm »

Hi
Just to let you know,
I took a new battery with me, connected it up and the old girl burst in to life with no problems.
But my mate has only gone a bought a Enima diesel so he gave me the espace for getting it going.
Wot joy the kids have already named it Zoe i have not got the heart to tell them its going to be scraped.

1965 Land rover 2a SWB
1966 Land Rover 2a SWB
2 x 1994 2.0i Espace's
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 01:33:01 am »

Hi
Just to let you know,
I took a new battery with me, connected it up and the old girl burst in to life with no problems.
But my mate has only gone a bought a Enima diesel so he gave me the espace for getting it going.
Wot joy the kids have already named it Zoe i have not got the heart to tell them its going to be scraped.

Why is it going to be scrapped?  Is it that bad?  Which trim level is it?  I have a 1989 2000-1 Espace Quadra which has proved itself in the recent snowy weather, being very secure and never sliding around or getting stuck.  These can be great vehicles.

Roy

Elmo the Espace

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 09:27:41 pm »

Hi Roy.
The espace's mot has run out  and yes it needs work. I have noticed the engine management light comes on after 10 minutes of starting from cold and apart from crackes in the fiberglass between wind screen and door which has let water in to the foot wells it is complete and every thing works.
Im not sure what the spec level is but it has electric front windows headlight washers and electric mirrors all the seats and lap belts are there.
It also has execllent 14 inch alloys and a complette new exhaust.
I have a 1994 espace and cant justify runing another one.
So some of the parts are interchangeable and mines going to need a gearbox soon, if i thought it was going to be worth more as a every day vehicle then i would put it in for a mot but some times you have to be relistic.

Chris

1965 Land rover 2a SWB
1966 Land Rover 2a SWB
2 x 1994 2.0i Espace's
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: