| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Powered By Honda  (Read 26522 times)
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 03:35:45 pm »

Regading hov much power a Murena can take:
I talked a few years back to a guy who had a turbo charged Murena 2.2.
For track days he increased the turbo pressure and then he had 300 + HP.
That power level could deform part of the chassis wher the engine mounting were fixed!!

Hans
Oskar

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 08:27:29 pm »

oo that was a good looking conversion.
ill bet it sounds and goes like a dream Smiley

how have you sorten out exhaust and silencer?

peugeot 205 gti
murena 1.6
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 12:48:30 pm »

Hi Darren.

Please tell us what kind of cables you used for the gear shift and where they are sold. I would love to replace the wobbley linkage in my Murena with cables. But I thought it would be necessary to use opposing cables in each direction to create a pulling motion. Obviously your cables are stiff enough to also push the gear selector.

Kind regards.
Jon.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
krede
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 12:52:07 pm »

Hi Darren.

Please tell us what kind of cables you used for the gear shift and where they are sold. I would love to replace the wobbley linkage in my Murena with cables. But I thought it would be necessary to use opposing cables in each direction to create a pulling motion. Obviously your cables are stiff enough to also push the gear selector.

Kind regards.
Jon.
+1
murramor

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 04:29:58 am »

My other car is a Lotus Europa.  A number of people on the Lotus list have used the cable change setup from a Toyota MR2.  apparently there are two different types of cables used by the MR2.  I can do some searching through the Europa knowledgebase (about 90,000 entries) and post what I find here if people are interested.

I have also heard of people adapting the steering cables from a small boat with an outboard motor.  A single cable both pushes and pulls the outboard motor and they can be made up to any length.

regards
Ron Murrell
Sydney

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
GP
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 10:16:38 am »

This then may be of general interest regarding the gearbox control cables.

http://www.rdb93.co.uk/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:00:17 am by GP » Logged
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 07:10:41 pm »

I have also heard of people adapting the steering cables from a small boat with an outboard motor.  A single cable both pushes and pulls the outboard motor and they can be made up to any length.

regards
Ron Murrell
Sydney

I didn't think about marine applications, but that is an excellent source. Check out these Mercury cables. The prices seem reasonable and if they are able to push/pull a 50HP outboard, my guess is they will push/pull the Murena gear selector. I am definitely going to try after I measure how long they need to be.

http://www.marineparts-24.de/dk/B-dstyringer-motorkontrol/Motor-Fjernbetjeninger/Kontrolkabler/Mercury-Mariner-op-til-50-HP/

Megatech

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 12:02:12 am »

Well my friend. The answer to your question is two fold .

1) Safety. By law you are allowed to increase power by no more than 20%. It does not matter whether you achieve this by tuning the existing engine, og by swapping it for a more powerful one.
Sorry Krede, I have to comment this.

Actually in DK, if you have a pre 1983 car (emissions), you can tune the engine as much as you like as long as you use the original head.
You can install a turbo, compressor or NOX, but you can not use eg. a ROC 16V head.
As I know, the 2,2 turbo head is identical to the standard one - this can be used.

If you install a new powerplant, 142 HP (170 for the S) is the limit.
Exceeding this limit requires approval form the manufacturer - or comprehensive testing by the authorities.
Politecnic used to have a traditional tune set with cam and Webers claiming 184 HP.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 01:01:59 pm by Anders Dinsen » Logged
renaultbiler

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 10:56:44 am »

But whatever you do, do not put in a Toyota engine system Grin

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
darrenheli

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 10:40:00 pm »

the exhaust exits the same side as the orignal , one off exhaust manifold , the drive shafts are one off race spec and made to order
Matranut

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 01:51:46 am »

Well done Darren,
Cant wait to have a drive!
 I used the same supplier for my gearchange cables too!
For everyone else.......... gearchange cables are available on ebay.co.uk in various lengths from around £40 each.
Have just finished repairing the driveshafts on the 'Matra-Ford' Murena!
Goes very well now!!
Tim
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 08:50:02 am »

Hi Darren.

Could you send a picture that shows how the cables attach to the gearshifter under the car.

I am VERY impressed with the job you have done here  Smiley and sick that it is not legal in Denmark. Sad

I did get inspired though, by the cable gear shift linkage. So I have purchased a pair of marine control cables for a 50HP outboard engine (from www.marineparts-24.de at only 30€ each). They are definitely able to do the job, but I need some idea of how best to attach them to the gear shift lever.

I talked to my friend, Jan, about the cables you use and he told me that as far as he knew the Honda is equipped with cable gear linkage. So we assume you just transferred the assembly from the Honda to your Murena. Are we right?

Best regards.

Jon.

PS. better check your engine mounts. On your second photo there is a nut missing on the bolt through the engine mount. A pity if the engine "fell" out. Grin
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:05:20 am by Jon Weywadt » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: