| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fix for slow moving power windows  (Read 5803 times)
Philbert

Familie'en Philbert's Matra

« on: March 06, 2011, 05:18:56 pm »

This is Jon Weywadt on Philberts PC.
We just fixed the slow moving power windows on the Ford Puma I just got, to drive while I work on the Murena.

I put this in General discussions as it will work on windows in all cars. We lubricated the tracks and glass edges with something called TEL-X dry lubricating and slip agent. It is a P.T.F.E. based lubricant that does not attract dirt or dust in any way. It does leave a slippery teflon surface, that frees up the window. Mine work like new now and I expect the same on the Murena.

The supplier is Chemsearch.dk. I do not know if they sell online, but they should be able to tell you who is your local supplier
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:03:19 am »

This is Jon Weywadt on Philberts PC.
We just fixed the slow moving power windows on the Ford Puma I just got, to drive while I work on the Murena.

I put this in General discussions as it will work on windows in all cars. We lubricated the tracks and glass edges with something called TEL-X dry lubricating and slip agent. It is a P.T.F.E. based lubricant that does not attract dirt or dust in any way. It does leave a slippery teflon surface, that frees up the window. Mine work like new now and I expect the same on the Murena.

The supplier is Chemsearch.dk. I do not know if they sell online, but they should be able to tell you who is your local supplier
Well I'm back on my own PC and want to correct the supplier info. Here is a link to the product sheet:
http://www.nchgruppen.dk/chemsearch/produktblade/index_assets/NC%20E%20Tel%20X%20Extra%20POSTS%20-%20DK.pdf

Its in Danish Cheesy, but it says that it dries up to a white-ish polymer film that is unaffected by asid, base, or solvents. Effective temp range: -240 Celsius to +260 Celcius. That ought to cover it for your driving conditions too.  Grin
One interesting feature is that it prevents aluminum rails and parts sticking together.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: