| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What is this one for....?  (Read 7767 times)
RazorbackNOR

« on: June 01, 2012, 01:32:26 pm »

Well, the text does say it's for the Murena, rear brake discs, but somhowe I can't get the measures it says to match something that would fit on our cars.... Anybody has any ideas....?

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.no/REAR-Brembo-Brake-Discs-Talbot-Murena-21-S-Coupe--19801985/270930685330/item

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 01:47:30 pm »

Well, the text does say it's for the Murena, rear brake discs, but somhowe I can't get the measures it says to match something that would fit on our cars.... Anybody has any ideas....?
-

This is a ventilated disk. The standard Murena disk is not ventilated and much thinner. You would have to replace the calipers to use this disk. Others have upgraded the brakes on their Murena. Graham comes to mind. But doing so may not be legal in your country, without new certification. In Denmark it would have to be recertified, as far as I know.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
klumzer

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 03:23:03 pm »

I needed new discs so I looked for a lot for them, mainly for the rear ones, but I have never seen that one... You should contact the seller, I think.
Here are the Brembo figs of original discs. The rear one is for the Murena 1.6, but as Roy told me, only the outer diameter different (260mm).
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 10:34:32 am »

Don't believe partshops that tell you, this is for your car.
There is a lot of misinformation and especialy about the brakes.
The original rear disks are for sale again, but at the  time I was busy restoring the brakes of my 2.2 they were not.
So I made a converssion to Alfa brakes (also 260 mm) using the original calipers.
This brakessystem has the same specs as the original.

The spacers you see between holder and mounting point are replaced by a solid spacers of 6 mm
This is mounted a few years  now and working flawless.
Was dirt cheap to do, but I had the disks for around € 20.-, and machining the axle hole on the disks costed me some beer.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:36:49 am by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
klumzer

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 08:24:14 pm »

Was dirt cheap to do, but I had the disks for around € 20.

20€? No one will find a cheaper solution... Smiley
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 01:14:38 pm »

The spacers you see between holder and mounting point are replaced by a solid spacers of 6 mm
This is mounted a few years  now and working flawless.
Was dirt cheap to do, but I had the disks for around € 20.-, and machining the axle hole on the disks costed me some beer.

Where are those spacers placed...? And I think you have to buy some more of those discs if you can get them at that price, cause I would also like some!  Grin

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 08:25:25 am »

HA! I thought that these would be much to big to fit on a Murena....
Especially since the diameter of the disc was 13" allready, and a hell of a lot of boltholes. Turned out to be for a Man Truck....

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: