| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Steering wheels for Murenas  (Read 58621 times)
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 09:31:25 pm »

^^^ I think you'll find that most brown original wheels get replaced because they have failed...

I wanted a stock wheel too and asked about getting an original brown one. I was told that the brown ones have most problems with deteriorating with age, so I doubt that many people will have good, old wheels...
I found one in northern Sealand at a guy who was selling a 2.2 S and didn't have the original steering wheel installed. The car was too far gone for me to buy and he didn't want to sell the steering wheel by itself.  Angry

My plan "B" is to upholster the one I have with leather. When I do I will post photos of the proces. I am thinking of a way to lace it on the back side. We shall see. Cheesy

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 01:06:34 pm »

I am considering having my original steering wheel covered with leather at this shop:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/220917035007?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Hans
klumzer

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 05:33:32 pm »

I have not taken any close shot of my steering wheel yet. If I take some, I will post them.
It looks quite good, covered with brown leather. The plastic center cap has not been covered yet. The colour of the leather is very close to the original, but you can see the difference between the cap and the wheel so it will be covered. I am thinking on an embroidered "murena" inscription on it...

Hans! Before you send your steerinng wheel, do not forget to check the clearance between the steering wheel and the plastic covers of the steering rod. Probably you have to cut some mm-s from the steering wheel, otherwise they will touch eachother after installation because of the leather thickness.

Btw. The upholsterer told me, that was one of the most difficult steering wheel shape, what he ever covered... Cheesy

In the future I would like to buy a racing steering wheel as an alternative replacement. I am waiting for a good, cheap offer for a worn second hand one. There is some leather left what could be used for recovering. My favorite is Momo Corse 32cm dia...
Some weeks ago I saw one for about 23€, but I missed it... Sad
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:48:31 pm by klumzer » Logged
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 11:55:14 am »

---

Btw. The upholsterer told me, that was one of the most difficult steering wheel shape, what he ever covered... Cheesy
---

Who did the leather work on your steering wheel and will he do another one. How much did he charge you?

Matranaut par excellence Cool
northmurena

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 05:51:06 pm »

...as a saddlemaker i can completely understand him :-)
klumzer

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 09:35:58 pm »

Who did the leather work on your steering wheel and will he do another one. How much did he charge you?

Unfortunately I cannot tell you an exact price for the steering wheel, because it was part of the total recovery of the interior. The upholstery and the repainting was arranged by a guy who is the head of a car tuner team so I do not have the contact address of the upholsterer...

But I can recommend you a steering wheel expert not far from me. Here is the link:

http://www.fellserkft.hu/

If you can read German -or Hungarian Smiley - you can follow the whole process in a presentation. This is a well known (even abroad) small workshop specialized in steering wheels and gear knobs. Unfortunately the prices are not updated. I have already sent them an e-mail inquiring about prices and I will post the answer.

alfafred

Murena 2,2 S

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 02:20:48 pm »

The new wheel has been fitted. I like it Smiley

http://www.123hjemmeside.no/alfafredroger/12764761
klumzer

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 03:14:16 pm »

Nice! I like it! Smiley
JV

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 10:01:57 pm »

Looks good.

Jan Verdam
Matra Murena 2.2S bleue columbia
klumzer

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 10:49:17 pm »

Hi Oetker,

Do not you know the exact part number of this hub?
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 10:53:28 pm »

As far as I know it is Nardi number S6901

Best regards

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
klumzer

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 04:48:48 pm »

Thanks.

I found the same number - S6901- but at Luisi. According to the Luisi catalog S6901 is ok for almost every Talbot.
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 03:20:23 pm »

Thanks.

I found the same number - S6901- but at Luisi. According to the Luisi catalog S6901 is ok for almost every Talbot.

Yes that is right but not the very old.
Anything around 1976 and up.
For older types there is a different hub.
That can fit to, but you need to make adjustments.

Best regards Herman

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 06:11:33 pm »

Original leather steering wheel for Murena!
or actually the original steering wheel covered with leather ;-)

Hans
northmurena

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 07:15:13 pm »

as a saddlemaker i have to say: nice work
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: