| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: dci injector circuit error  (Read 5537 times)
BrianM

« on: August 11, 2014, 09:11:54 pm »

So a dci I have here originally had loss of the 5volt sensor supply. It has fooked the ecu! with a replacement ecu while cranking I get errors for each of the four injectors that are for high voltage on the injector circuit. Each injector is powered from the ecu individually. The injectors are not shorted & measure fine with a meter from the ecu plug. Any thoughts? I'm baffled. The car does not start by the way, it comes up with the major injection fault on the dashboard.
BrianM

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 09:57:53 pm »

I repalced two injectors & this solved the problem. They look pretty well coked up, not sure if this was why it was showing the stop light on the dask & giving the code df099. This is not well documented.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 10:49:06 pm »

So a dci I have here originally had loss of the 5volt sensor supply. It has fooked the ecu! with a replacement ecu while cranking I get errors for each of the four injectors that are for high voltage on the injector circuit. Each injector is powered from the ecu individually. The injectors are not shorted & measure fine with a meter from the ecu plug. Any thoughts? I'm baffled. The car does not start by the way, it comes up with the major injection fault on the dashboard.

I thought these injectors were coded and had to be programmed to the ECU, but is now quite a while since I did any of this so could be mistaken without looking up all my old books!  The fact that your follow up email says it started after replacing two injectors would suggest you don't need to program them into the ECU to get it running, but it may still require this to run properly.  These injector codes tell the ECU how much their machine/assembly tolerances vary from the specified norm and therefore the ECU will individually taylor for each injector to obtain the smoothest, balanced running.

Roy

BrianM

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 09:42:37 pm »

Yes, so did I. All the dci's I have had have the code AAAAAA in the ecu for all four injectors. Looking at the injectors I have not been able to find a six figure code on them. Trying to use any code that I thought was correct in programming tells me that it is the wrong code! So I gave up.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 04:19:11 pm »

Yes, so did I. All the dci's I have had have the code AAAAAA in the ecu for all four injectors. Looking at the injectors I have not been able to find a six figure code on them. Trying to use any code that I thought was correct in programming tells me that it is the wrong code! So I gave up.

The code wasn't one of the figures on the top next to the leak-off point.  It was on the side in light grey lettering IIRC, just below the 'cap', say about 50mm down.  However, if the ECU had an 'AAAAAA' code in all positions, that suggests it never had any codes previously so probably doesn't require them.

Roy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:19:38 am by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: