| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Instructions for replacing front wheel upper and lower ball joints?  (Read 17263 times)
Gib

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 04:47:11 pm »

There are multiple sizes available in peg sockets but to be honest your best bet is to remove which ever way you can and then torque up using a cup socket as below. they are expensive but a lot hardier than peg sockets.
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 05:19:59 pm »

Hi Jon
The „Traggelenk-Zapfenschlüssel“ which you have found on Amazon  will not fit. The inside messurement om the socket is 42.3 mm while the Murena’s joint messures 51.2.
You can find the messurremnts on BGS’s home page:
http://www.bgstechnic.com/products/detail/7033

Moes

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 07:55:17 pm »

Hi Jon

I just found a 10 YEAR old photo of my old lower ball joints..  can´t believe it´s 10 years ago.

Regards Frederik
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 07:57:24 pm by Moes » Logged
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 02:34:58 pm »

Hi Jon

I just found a 10 YEAR old photo of my old lower ball joints..  can´t believe it´s 10 years ago.

Regards Frederik

Hej Frederik.

Cutting off the pin and converting the collar to hex shape is pretty radical, but it worked.  Grin
I hope mine will come out with a regular peg socket. Jan is making one he tells me. Smiley

Regards.
Jon

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 02:37:12 pm »

There are multiple sizes available in peg sockets ---
----

Where di  you get those peg sockets and what brand/size are they?

-Jon

GL

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2016, 09:01:14 pm »

Years ago i bought  lower ball joints TC93  and  upper TC92.  I want to fit them to my murena , but i understand that the lower ball joints won't fit? I need the 48 mm versiion?

And the upper versions are the right one's? Tc 92. Or do i have to buy new one's also?
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 03:16:41 pm »

I'm in hospital right now so can't verify but according to this website it looks OK

https://www.oscaro.com/rotule-de-suspension-delphi-tc92-1347298-2462-p

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 06:58:33 pm »

----

Where did you get those peg sockets and what brand/size are they?

-Jon

Jon, Sealey have a kit with two peg sockets for removing the lower ball joints on the Murena (and other cars such as the 911 and 405 etc.) and the kit is number SX0271 (around £15 at present from the right place) and they come in a proper plastic carrying case too. Smiley

When you put the socket over the pin of the ball joint and with the pegs engaged, the ball joint swivel pin sticks out the other end.  You put the ball joint nut back on the end of the ball joint swivel pin and tighten it, thus locking the socket to the ball joint.  The special socket has a hexagon around the area where the ball joint nut goes, and you then use a large socket and bar on this hexagon to rotate the special socket and ball joint to undo it, or tighten in a new one to the set torque.

Check out https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-SX0271-Lower-Joint-Socket/dp/B002BFADSQ/ref=pd_lpo_263_bs_t_2/254-8869432-0229110?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NVXHA8GE8X4Y5ZGVNPF9

The larger socket is the one that fits the Murena.

Roy
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:11:45 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 01:32:13 pm »

----

Where did you get those peg sockets and what brand/size are they?

-Jon

Jon, Sealey have a kit with two peg sockets for removing the lower ball joints on the Murena (and other cars such as the 911 and 405 etc.) and the kit is number SX0271 (around £15 at present from the right place) and they come in a proper plastic carrying case too. Smiley

When you put the socket over the pin of the ball joint and with the pegs engaged, the ball joint swivel pin sticks out the other end.  You put the ball joint nut back on the end of the ball joint swivel pin and tighten it, thus locking the socket to the ball joint.  The special socket has a hexagon around the area where the ball joint nut goes, and you then use a large socket and bar on this hexagon to rotate the special socket and ball joint to undo it, or tighten in a new one to the set torque.

Check out https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-SX0271-Lower-Joint-Socket/dp/B002BFADSQ/ref=pd_lpo_263_bs_t_2/254-8869432-0229110?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NVXHA8GE8X4Y5ZGVNPF9

The larger socket is the one that fits the Murena.

Roy

Hi Roy.

Thanks for the link to amazon.co.uk. I tried to buy it (only £15), but they do not deliver to my address in Denmark.

I found it on eBay at a cost of £27 incl. shipping to Denmark, so I placed an order.  Cheesy

Thanks again.
Jon

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 04:31:46 pm »

Hi Roy.

Thanks for the link to amazon.co.uk. I tried to buy it (only £15), but they do not deliver to my address in Denmark.

I found it on eBay at a cost of £27 incl. shipping to Denmark, so I placed an order.  Cheesy

Thanks again.
Jon

The sockets have arrived. Grin They look good and fit perfectly.
Need to find a, not too thick, washer so the nut can hold the socket in place. The nut will fit in the hole in the socket, so a washer is a must.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: