| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wanted - Headlight Vacuum solenoid  (Read 1675 times)
Gib

« on: September 26, 2022, 10:59:09 am »

vac solenoid (2) by creativeq, on Flickr

As pictured i need the plastic part. I have cleaned mine, adjusted it, talc'ed it,  and just about everything else but it still doesn't want to shuttle properly.

Does anyone have a fully working one?
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 09:17:40 pm »

I have cleaned mine, adjusted it, talc'ed it,  and just about everything else but it still doesn't want to shuttle properly.

Does anyone have a fully working one?

A Murena owner in the U.K. who uses his car a lot (I won't name him in case he doesn't want that) has developed a better system and Matra Magic are now selling the kit as an alternative, so take a look and you may find this a better option.  But please don't throw your old one away James, as I would like to see it sometime, to see if I can see why it is not working, because I have repaired a number of these and never had a failure to date.

Roy

Gib

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 08:36:20 am »

Thanks Roy,

i will have a look at the Matra Magic option. I don't know if i am missing something or if a part is fundamentally worn / broken.

Either way when setting up the engine and trying to diagnose the impossible carb balancing (bent throttle plate spindle took a month to find ! ) chasing leaks from this solenoid was a problem i solved by disconnecting it to be dealt with in the future (i,.e now as its getting dark).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: