| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: I'm leaking! Water expansion tank in the engine bay for Murena 2.2  (Read 94084 times)
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2011, 09:41:06 pm »

Sorry I have been traveling, missed a few postings.
I NEED one tank, how to pay? Please send me a PM.

Hans
GP
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2011, 10:13:53 pm »

Sorry I have been traveling, missed a few postings.
I NEED one tank, how to pay? Please send me a PM.

Hans
Hi Hans,

The final tank is yours then. I will send you a PM  to arrange payment.

GP
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2011, 09:13:14 am »

I've had my tank installed now for a few weeks and it's looking and working great. Here's a photo of the completed installation. Note that the overflow hose is not fitted: The new tank has a larger diameter outlet and the tank is sitting a few mm higher than the original. This meant that the rubber hose which I tried to fit conflicted with the chassis and prevented correct fitting of the tank. I'm going to fit a clear 10 mm pvc hose which compresses more easily.

Thanks to Graham for having these beautiful tanks made for us!

/Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Matra_Hans
YaBB God

Owner of Bagheera, Rancho, Murena & Espace

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2011, 11:38:29 am »

I am just back on holiday from my work abroad, and have opened the packet with the expantion tank. The tank looks great.
Thanks Graham.
Hans
klumzer

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2012, 09:30:20 pm »

That is funny, I am just busy to find a replacement for it and you come up with the same thing.
I have a topic about it on the Belgium forum but can't link the members section.
[IMG]Renault couldn't help me

I have just gone through this topic...
I am looking for new cooling hoses for the car and I was a bit confused, because I have only three connections on it.
Now I realised that I do not have the original expansion tank. I have the same as Oetker mentioned...
Could you share the experiences about it? Any weak points?

Sorry I could not read your writing on the photo. The top connection goes to the thermostat the bottom to the motor and what is the center connection for?
Could you send some photos of the hoses just to see how you solved them?
Many thanks.
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2012, 11:13:22 pm »

There is no center connection.
The bottom has 2 in/outlets.
One of the bottom inlets goes to the front (Radiator) It a small tube so you need a reducer.

This setup is running OK without problems so far.
I still have the experimental set-up in the car and drove the car in all circumstances for some time now.

There is one disadvantage.
The tanks holds 1 liter less cooling fluid.
The original holds 2.5 liter and this one 1.6 liter.
No problems so far.

Greets Herman

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
klumzer

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2012, 02:19:08 pm »

There is no center connection.
The bottom has 2 in/outlets.

Sorry, I was not correct. I meant center connection refer to this picture, see below.
So it must be OK, thanks.
Only one thing I have to keep in my mind, as I read in the topic, it is adviced not to fill it up to the MAX...

Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2012, 03:25:42 pm »

You need to keep 0.6 liter space for expansion.
Wich is a small bit above half full.

See the movie I provided.
Around the black stripe is ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Mdx3TpEFU

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
klumzer

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2012, 09:51:43 pm »

Thanks, that was very informative.
njesper

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2015, 11:16:25 am »

Hey dudes,

I can see from this thread, that two different english manufacturers have done a great job og making new
aluminum header tanks for the 2.2.
Any feedback regarding quality? And has anyone been in contact with one of these manufacturers lately?
Seems hard to get hold of these guys.

Grin

Best, Jesper
GP

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2015, 06:12:06 pm »

Hey dudes,

I can see from this thread, that two different english manufacturers have done a great job og making new
aluminum header tanks for the 2.2.
Any feedback regarding quality? And has anyone been in contact with one of these manufacturers lately?
Seems hard to get hold of these guys.

Grin

Best, Jesper

Hello Jesper,

http://www.brise.co.uk/Fabrications-Overview.html

This is the reputable U.K. company that fabricated a batch for me to replicate the original several years ago seen in this thread. They would need an original tank for a pattern and the holding bracket from the rear of the engine bay (of which I still have). I would be prepared to visit them and see if they would make a one off for you and get a price if you want?

Cheers,

Graham
njesper

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2015, 08:22:31 pm »

Graham, a quote would be great. You don't think that they already have the specs, after having made the first badge?
They really need a reference tank?
Best , Jesper
GP

« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2015, 10:49:33 pm »

Graham, a quote would be great. You don't think that they already have the specs, after having made the first badge?
They really need a reference tank?
Best , Jesper
Hi Jesper,
I will get a quote then. They will definitely not have the specs as all they do is measure and replicate the plastic reservoir as they go along. The company is only 10 minutes from where I live, so it is not a problem to take in a sample and get a quote. The quality of the first one I had made was spot on, although the second batch was a little lax on the inlet/outlet sizes. I will be insistent that these are the same as close as possible. I have had a bespoke 20 litre aluminium fuel tank in my Murena also made by the same company for 15 years with no problems.
Cheers,
Graham
njesper

« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2015, 11:27:35 pm »

That's fantastic. The upper inlet is that the same diameter as the original or has it been refused to match the hose instead of having to use a reducer? I had a really ugly one on mine
GP

« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2015, 12:37:02 pm »

That's fantastic. The upper inlet is that the same diameter as the original or has it been refused to match the hose instead of having to use a reducer? I had a really ugly one on mine
The upper inlet was made smaller than the original 17.4mm outside dia. to try and make the ugly reducer redundant. However the upper inlet fabricated was 9.5mm outside dia. so I still had to use a short piece of hose and a 8 - 6mm nylon reducer to connect to the existing hose. See images.

The question to you Jesper is what outside size dia. do you want the upper inlet to be?

N.B. These tanks do not come with a filler cap.

The Fah-ler 13lbs filler cap shown was sourced on eBay and compliments the tank very nicely:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fahler-Polished-Stainless-Steel-Radiator-Rad-Cap-With-Release-Valve-13lbs-/261872516155?hash=item3cf8d17c3b:g:dQUAAOSwv0tVQ0-7
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:41:36 pm by GP » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: