| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace Manual  (Read 37610 times)
TonyG

« on: September 12, 2007, 08:41:46 pm »

Other than the Haynes Manual is there any other manuals and if so are they any better.

1992 Espace RXE
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:04:45 pm »

French ETAI manuals are very good, IMO. If you can read french, that is.
http://www.etai.fr/

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
espaceman

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 03:17:50 pm »

Renault manuals are very good and are becoming available since the introduction of Dialogys (MPF) the PC based system. The nice part is that occasionally the older model workshop manuals are included with some updates.
The Espace 2,3,4, are covered in detail from mechanical to bodywork. Engine management diagnostics etc are vehicle specific and if you know how to navigate the selection with your model code/ engine type its possible to get at the right information.
However I would say that they are geared to the professional and not the DIY community. But I would encourage the DIY community to look. I have been using Renault manuals and electronic documentation for many years in the motor trade and they are my first choice.
TonyG

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 10:37:41 pm »

Where can i obtain these manuals from. Cheers Tony

1992 Espace RXE
RafnaTyr

Scandinavian rambler...

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 08:35:52 pm »

Hi,

You (espaceman) mentioned Renaults hand book MPF, where can one get a hold on them?
Sounds very interesting.
Thanks,
/Eje

Eje Mähler - Sweden - || Grand Espace 2000 2,0 16v ||
 - || Espace J63 1995 2,2i || - Soon up for sale
Be well, drive safe, see you out on the roads :-)
RafnaTyr

Scandinavian rambler...

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 11:49:41 am »

Hi,

Is there realy a Heynes handbook for the Espace 1999 - 2001, I've only found information on their home page that they have for the 1996 models. Have not found any never, Swedish or English...

P.S
My French sucks big time ;-)

Eje Mähler - Sweden - || Grand Espace 2000 2,0 16v ||
 - || Espace J63 1995 2,2i || - Soon up for sale
Be well, drive safe, see you out on the roads :-)
renaultbiler

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 04:41:38 pm »

My impression is that modern cars are poorly covered by Haynes - that is poor on technical and electrical details. The books was good on eg R20, R30 but i was dissapionted big time when i bought one for our old J63, real waste of money.

Dunno any other manuals either - i have some CD technical manual on it and if i remember correct it is also on english. How good/bad it is on details i dont know.... will see if i can find it and blow some dust of it -and test it..

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
renaultbiler

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 09:06:30 pm »

Sorry, the CD manual i mentioned was on J63 (alzheimers light) - somehow i was sure i also had the J63 but not surfaced yet Tongue

Found a few links for you though... first one in english and second one in german

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-ESPACE-PETROL-MODELS-PHASE-3-4-POCKET-MANUAL_W0QQitemZ230221044062
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Reparaturanleitung-Renault-Espace-1997-2003-PORTOFREI_W0QQitemZ110224778892

1980 Alpine A-310 w/GTA 2.5 V6 Turbo
2000 Grand Espace V6 24v Initiale: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2529
2000 Scenic RXi 2.0 16v IDE aut DP0: http://www.renaultbiler.no/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
1982 R20TX 2.2
Service Online: www.servicehefte.net/servdata/?cid=qqkX
ESPACED

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 11:53:50 pm »

Hi there
haynes does not do a manual for the espace 1997 and onwards and i have already e-mails haynes and they've told me so..
but you can use the laguna manual which has the same engines, need to check the back of the book for the engine sizes as not all lanuna manuals are the same..
the French ETAI manuals are very good but you really need to be able to read and understand French..
I too was looking for a manual as I'm trying to repair my engine and now using the laguna manual.. got down to taking the head off.. and I'm no mechanic, putting it all back is another thing???
best of luck..
but if you do find it and its in English let me know.. as theres other areas the laguna manual can not help you with  e.g, body and facias etc....
Tony Smiley
espaceman

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 12:22:48 am »

Hi all.
If I could make some comments on workshop manuals. If the person is a mechanic / technician then I would recommend the Renault manual as it is precise and provided you know what to do then they are my first choice. The disadvantage for the do it yourself person is that there is a lot left out as Renault assume the person knows what to do. Also over the years I have learned to slightly distrust the English version as the manual is written originally in French and believe it or not the translation can be wrong. So I always tend to seek out a French version as well just to be safe.
The ETAi books are very good and I have had experience of these in the past. They have really excellent diagrams and seem to be written in a way that appeals to the professional & non professional person. What I have done in the past is to take the ETAi manual to the local school and have small sections of the most important data translated by the students free as part of their studies. ;-)
Haynes manuals are good allround books but you still get "consult the vehicles manufacturer for more details" message come up when something is hard to do which i don't like.
The installation of Dialogys (MPF) carries most Renault documents in PDF format. Provided you know the engine or gearbox type then you can go to the install directory on your PC and easily see the correct document without loading the program. The bulk of the pdf for older models are held in the "Organes" folder and the newer ones are in make specific folders.

Tony

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 02:58:39 am »

Hi guys,

Is there a proper way of getting the Dialogys (English version) apart from downloading pirated copy from Internet? If so, how much would be the cost? I am in Hong Kong, so it would be perfect if I can order it online and getting the CDs by post or courier.

Thanks,
Tony
Martin Tyas

Espace, because it's worth it!

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 12:54:32 pm »

They are all pirated in some way Tony as Dialogys is only meant to be for Renault Dealers.

I got a 3-CD set off e-Bay in the UK.... there are regularly 2 or 3 people offering them for sale but however they are dressed up they are just copies. Take a look at items e-Bay item numbers 190197509824 and 170194757377. Both currently on offer at just £3.99.
The ones that I have seen most frequently for sale are the 3-CD sets which date back to 2003.... so they cover the early Renault built phase 4 Espaces and all the Matra built JE's and earlier.

Although they are supposed to be MPF (Multi-Platform Format) I couldn't get the software to load or run on a Mac (but that could just be the way the guy formatted the blank disc and copied them). It did run OK on PC but after quite alot of messing about. To run it needs older versions of Quicktime, Java and Acrobat Reader so you need to uninstall current versions and then install the old versions that are on the CD.

I have seen some 4-CD versions of Dialogys available on the internet but only as BitTorrent downloads. According to Roy who is a Renault Trained Engineer who occasionally calls by on the forum, the current version of Dialogys has 6 CD's.
However, I was in my local Renault dealer last week and talking to the parts guys they are moving over to a new internet based system so some 6-CD sets might start to appear on the internet or e-Bay in the not too distant future.

Martin

1968 Cessna 182L Skylane
1991 BMW 520i SE Auto
2002 Grand Espace 2.2dCi "The Race"
2003 Astra 1.8i Cabriolet "Edition 100"
2011 Insignia SRi VX-Line Red
2011 Honda VT1300CX Fury
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 11:01:07 pm »

They are all pirated in some way Tony as Dialogys is only meant to be for Renault Dealers.

Whilst this is true, there is an on-line set up now that anyone can access - but at a price!  The idea is that most manufacturers are now offering access to their data but it is meant for non-franchised garages and these pay a subscription to be able to access the information.  It is not really meant for individuals, and I don't know the cost, but my guess is that will be enough to put an individual off anyway!!

I have seen some 4-CD versions of Dialogys available on the internet but only as BitTorrent downloads. According to Roy who is a Renault Trained Engineer who occasionally calls by on the forum, the current version of Dialogys has 6 CD's.

Well it did, but it is now up to twelve or thirteen CD!!  The actual program comes on '0', parts on '1', time codes and the start of the manual and technical notes are on '2', more manuals on '3', '8' and '9' and along with technical notes on '10', '11' and '12'.  Motrio parts on on '7' and the Renault Romania / Dacia stuff on '4' and '5' or '5' and '6' - not sure what I missed on the other one.

However, I was in my local Renault dealer last week and talking to the parts guys they are moving over to a new internet based system...

This sounds like the subscription service I mentioned above.  However, the dealers still get the multiple CD's which are updated every month...  So after a couple of months there are always old ones lying around.  You have to allow for keeping some old versions initially as the updates do have faults in sometimes and you need to revert back.

Roy

roa

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 11:52:32 am »

I have the 4(or was it3?) cd version and it works fine on my stationary pc, but not on my laptop!
However, if I connect the laptop on a dockingstation then everything is up and running again.

Dialogys, in my opinion, is not the best repair-manual around. Be prepared to spend some  time finding what you need ...(it's there -somewhere!) The biggest drawback is the lack of detailed wiring diagrams.
The french RTEA has far better illustrations and detailed wiring diagrams, but -its in french...  (send me a PM for download link... Lips Sealed)

The online solution mentioned above, I believe is the Renault Infotech: http://www.infotech.renault.com/fo/index.jsp
-they sell various subscriptions to their base with what I suspect is the same files as you find in dialogys + wiring diagrams.
I fancy trying the one-hour option, and downloading all I can find in there. -Anybody tried this?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: