| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: small braided earth lead  (Read 6390 times)
paul-g

« on: December 08, 2007, 12:11:29 am »

Hi all, we have an espace 2.0ltr 1993 with J7R engine, the engine was removed for some extensive work and was not put back in for some time aferwards, the problem is there a small braided earth lead which we cannot find out exactly where it goes, i guess its for rf interferance suppression and think it goes at the back of the engine somewhere but where? can anyone help with this as not sure of the importance of this lead, would be very grateful for some info on this please, cheers Paul.
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 10:38:32 am »

Hi Paul, the earth lead goes from a bolt on the engine block to one of the bolts on the right side (exhaust side) engine mount. Make sure you clean both ends properly, and also the chassis part so the connection is good. It's not just for radio interference.

Cheers,
Anders Cool

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
paul-g

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 11:21:45 am »

Hi Anders, thanks for a quick reply, i'm not sure if we are talking about the same lead, the one i have is 27.5cm long, it has a 6mm ring terminal and a 8mm ring terminal either end and is a flat braided lead 8mm wide, i'm thinking it has something to do with ignition or heater motor supression but cant remember as it was a while ago, the car is being used at the moment but has an intermittant missfire at idle otherwise drives ok also the main earth leads plus battery terminals have all been renewed, hope you can help, cheers Paul.
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 12:49:02 pm »

Hi Anders, thanks for a quick reply, i'm not sure if we are talking about the same lead, the one i have is 27.5cm long, it has a 6mm ring terminal and a 8mm ring terminal either end and is a flat braided lead 8mm wide, i'm thinking it has something to do with ignition or heater motor supression but cant remember as it was a while ago, the car is being used at the moment but has an intermittant missfire at idle otherwise drives ok also the main earth leads plus battery terminals have all been renewed, hope you can help, cheers Paul.

Yes, that's the one and it is supposed to sit on the exhaust side of the engine to the chassis.

It is simply the chassis connection for the engine.

- Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
paul-g

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 06:06:08 pm »

Thanks Anders i'll get it put back on,
regards Paul.
Pages: [1] Print