| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: clutch pedal, series 1  (Read 8622 times)
haddock

« on: February 21, 2008, 12:45:40 pm »

has anyone a clutch pedal for the manually adjusted version of the series 1 clutch ?
one of these 
The previous repair weld has failed on this one, I think it was a common failing on the early Espace models,
any help on sourcing one would be appreciated.

Espace GTS Petrol 1987 E Reg
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 03:51:44 pm »

Most are auto-adjusting with a plastic component on the top, but yours seem to be different.
I haven't seen that particular type before.
Try this guy: http://www.madcom.tv/

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 02:21:18 pm »

has anyone a clutch pedal for the manually adjusted version of the series 1 clutch ?
one of these 
The previous repair weld has failed on this one, I think it was a common failing on the early Espace models,
any help on sourcing one would be appreciated.

Since this clutch pedal is only around £32 new, I would have thought it better to buy a new one, considering the strain that is put on it.  A new one will also carry a years guarantee.  You have just stated that a previous repair has failed on yours, so fitting a worn one which is likely to not cost much less and has potentially further problems does not seem the right way to me.

However, if you need a secondhand one, have you tried the various on line spares websites?  I have used 24/7 and they are good.  You tell them all your details and what you need and they contact all the scrapyards linked to them.  If any of them has what you need they will contact you straight away.

Roy

P.S. Yes Anders the series one Espace can have a manually adjusted clutch - my Quadra has one!

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 01:37:47 am »

P.S. Yes Anders the series one Espace can have a manually adjusted clutch - my Quadra has one!

I didn't know you had an Espace, Roy! Good to hear Smiley

Would yours then have the J63 type clutch mechanism?

Used to own:
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 11:50:48 pm »

I'm not sure I understand you there.  Why would a series I (J116) Espace have a series II (J63) clutch?

Roy

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 01:56:35 pm »

I'm not sure I understand you there.  Why would a series I (J116) Espace have a series II (J63) clutch?

Roy

Because the bell housings I have seen allow for both types of mechanisms.

I know two: The one with the pivot link on top (behind the engine) activating the release fork (this is the one I had on my J117), and the one with the cable pulling on lever on the side. The latter is adjustable, while the first one is self adjusting. But endless variations are possible, of course and RHD would add some Wink - I just thought that all J11's had the pivot link and self adjusting clutch, and all J63's the other system?

Used to own:
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 10:42:55 pm »

Because the bell housings I have seen allow for both types of mechanisms.

I know two: The one with the pivot link on top (behind the engine) activating the release fork (this is the one I had on my J117), and the one with the cable pulling on lever on the side. The latter is adjustable, while the first one is self adjusting. But endless variations are possible, of course and RHD would add some Wink - I just thought that all J11's had the pivot link and self adjusting clutch, and all J63's the other system?

That's interesting info. Anders that I wasn't aware of but will remember for future reference.  My Espace certainly has a manually adjusted clutch not a self adjusting one, but as it is a 1989 it is too long before the J63 to have any J63 bits.  I've never really been involved on mechanical things much as most of my work is electronic problem diagnosis...  We leave the simpler things to the mechanics!

Roy
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 10:46:31 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: