| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Worklog of my car  (Read 207494 times)
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2011, 11:25:02 pm »

The piston looks in good order.
No need to replace.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2011, 12:29:42 pm »

Here is the holder, now boiled in soda for a while, seems like it has a "bit" more rust then some of the others I've seen here on the forum, but a bit of blasting and a fresh coat of paint will hopefully bring it back to it's former glory.

While on the subject of paint, I discovered the Biltema had a selection of caliperpaints in black, red, blue, silver and gold. Of these, red was out of the question immediately. too much "Brembo-look-a-like". Can't see blue as a matching color there either.... Black, what would be the point...?
Then I'm left with gold or silver..... would think that  the gold would be a too dark shade for the platine color of the car.
But hey, the platine is a "light" shade of gold. Kind of a champagne color. Could I come close with mixing the gold and the silver....?

Stay tuned for a paint-match-up.

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2011, 01:19:29 pm »

Nobody will notice if you pass by with around 120 Mph  Cheesy

RazorbackNOR

« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2011, 01:44:38 pm »

Oetker, you should know that a showcar like the Murena must look as good standing still as it does pasing by at 120 Mph  Wink

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Bart_Maztra

« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2011, 09:58:59 am »

Just don't go this way.

Don't search ebay for brembo caliper cover.

RazorbackNOR

« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2011, 09:53:27 am »

Here is a little color comparison. I wouldn't say is dead on, but since these will be inside the rim, this won't show up that much.
The square bit is a test sample using the correct Talbot colorcode.

Without flash

With flash

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2011, 09:20:27 am »

Removed the clutch master yesterday, and noticed a couple of things.... Has anybody any idea what these two are....? The first looks like a cut hose underneath the clutchmaster, the other one is a unconnected wire on top of the right wheelarc....

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 12:45:14 pm by RazorbackNOR » Logged

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2011, 10:55:48 am »

I think the 2 wires both go to the side flashlight.

klumzer

« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2011, 12:25:01 pm »

I agree with Oetker.
Side indicators were removed from my car by the former owner and wires look the same.
But if I can buy a set of indicators I will install them again.

If anyone has one for sale I would be interested in buying...  Wink
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2011, 11:58:55 pm »

Hmm, I'll check on it tomorrow, see if I can trace the wires from the indicators back there.

Any ideas on that tube-thing underneath the clutchmaster on the other picture?

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
klumzer

« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2011, 11:46:57 am »

I checked my car yesterday but I could not see any similar...

But I have found some interesting things on it...  seems it needs a total overhaul...  Sad
JL

« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2011, 02:36:40 pm »

Is the other thing just a piece of rubber pipe over the end of a bolt to stop the wiring loom rubbing through?

Regards
John
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2011, 07:47:56 pm »

Removed the clutch master yesterday, and noticed a couple of things.... Has anybody any idea what these two are....? The first looks like a cut hose underneath the clutchmaster, the other one is a unconnected wire on top of the right wheelarc....
With this unconnected wire I bet you have a red lamp on your instrument panel with a symbol that looks like the hood with frog light up, as seen from the side. If you ground this wire the light will come on. It seems that there was an intention to have a switch sensing vacuum to the head lights and have the light come on if lights were up. But since that is pretty obvious, it was not used.
On later models the light has been replaced by a light showing if the choker is on. I have therefore made a switch that comes on when the choker is pulled and turns on the light.
The hose could also be a remnant from this. I wonder if it pulls vacuum and perhaps would have gone to this non-existing vacuum switch. Check if it pulls vacuum and then plug it if it does because that is a vacuum leak you don't need.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2011, 10:37:19 am »

How about me checking a bit on my own before posting wildly......? Tongue

Seems JL was spot on! I just grabbed the camera and took the photo just as I was leaving the car, didn't take long to see what it really was thou.....

Checked on the left side wheelarc, and there I found these.....

Doublechecking with the wiring diagram, and following the leads, I quickly found them to be the leads for the rightside indicators.....

Only problem now, is that the indicators for both the left and the right side are a bit out of order....
These were just dangling loose inside, any ideas how they are to be fitted together...?

On the right side, the missing wire is nowhere to be found at all.... This is all that there is....

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2011, 11:49:16 am »

How about me checking a bit on my own before posting wildly......? Tongue

Seems JL was spot on! I just grabbed the camera and took the photo just as I was leaving the car, didn't take long to see what it really was thou.....
------------
Doublechecking with the wiring diagram, and following the leads, I quickly found them to be the leads for the rightside indicators.....

Only problem now, is that the indicators for both the left and the right side are a bit out of order....
These were just dangling loose inside, any ideas how they are to be fitted together...?
--------

On the right side, the missing wire is nowhere to be found at all.... This is all that there is....
--------
[/URL]
 I should have looked closer too.  Embarrassed I saw your first picture and assumed that the loose wire was in the vicinity. Closer view is obvious it is on top of the fender well in front of the blower compartment. Therefore not the wire I wrote about.  Shocked

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: