| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Worklog of my car  (Read 207501 times)
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2011, 11:07:17 am »

Hmm, the rubber on my lower rear shocks is along with everyother rubberpiece on the car looking rather worn.

Is there no way of replacing just these since the shocks seems to ne working fine.

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #196 on: July 29, 2011, 10:13:50 pm »

Just recieved a lot of parts from Simon now, not TOO happy thou.... 9 items I ordered was not delivered, did not get any order confirmation prior on what was in stock either. One of the itmes was the mounting pieces for the brakes, springs, wedges etc.  Angry

But, on to todays happening. I have removed all shocks, springs and also the engine top cover. All these are to be sandblasted and repainted since they seiously need it! The engine top cover I have decisded on repainting as is in black.

Anybody have any good suggestions on colors for the shocks and springs...?
One ide I have was springs powercoated in white and shocks in red....

Alternativly, since I have plans on using some AN fittings, these might also do, picking up the same colors of the AN fittings.

Any thoughts, suggestions or other ideas from you guys?

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #197 on: August 05, 2011, 10:09:15 am »

Well, since nobody said anything I went looking myself.

Got stuck on getting someone closeby to powercoat the spring for me, but came across a "stonechip-proctector" spray on a closeby partsdealer(Torshov bil) which looked promising. black in color, flexibel, yet with a hard outer surface. Brought a can, and tried it out on some left ofer alu from work. Actually is seems to be rubber-in-a-can. tried to a flat hard rubber, very flexibel and would do just fine on my springs.

Yes, I know some may frown upon my choice here, but when restoring on a far to low budget, some compromises have to be made.

Upon realizing the black spring and the previosly chosen red damper would probably not go to good together, I went googling a bit more and came across this

Remembering that I still had some paint left over from the caliper(which now match the cars paint) I decided to also give the dampers the same treatment. First layer applied, spring new being blasted and will recieve the rubber paint this weekend. Yes I know they're not THAT golden as the picture, but you get the idea-

Before:

After

Spring sandblasted, prior to being with black "rubber"

And first coat. It is actually a lot better then it looks here. flat rich black color.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:44:21 am by RazorbackNOR » Logged

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2011, 09:57:16 am »

Have done a little bit more this week, engine cover this time. Blasted and given a coat of "Heat-resistent" paint.

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2011, 11:18:38 am »

Have done a little bit more this week, engine cover this time. Blasted and given a coat of "Heat-resistent" paint.

That looks good  Grin Make sure you got all the sand out of the inside compartment under the hose connector. Any sand would be flushed out by the oil and ruin your engine. Sad

Matranaut par excellence Cool
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2011, 12:30:47 pm »

Thank you Graham, it's coming along nicely.

I know, there was a little leak on the maskingtape, so I got some sand inside the cover and up through to the oil filler hole. Think I have gotten most of it out now, but should rinse through it with something to loosen the oil so any sand will be flushed out.

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2011, 08:45:18 am »

Since Simon doesn't seem to ba able to supply the prats needed anymore(set of wedges and springs), and only has used sets in stock, I thought I might see if I could salvage the parts I have.

Stupid me didn't take any pictures when I dissasembled the calipers, so I have I little problem with which wedges that goes where.... Just to complete the confusion there seems to be several different wedges.... I would thought taht there were one type for the front and one for the back, well, I have three types.....

Does anybody know of how this should be.....?

Type one, the ones I guess goes on the front and are the orginal.(total 4EA)

Type two, without the bent-down tab, (perhaps orginal on rear?)(total 2EA)

Type three, which lookes homemade, but are not that different from the type one(total 2 EA)

Comparison of the different types

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
uberprutser

« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2011, 12:51:20 pm »

You seem to have a lots of different wedges and not all of them are originals if you ask me.
The first picture are from the front brakes. These are the long once.
You can only mount them in one way. The split pin should be on the inside.
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2011, 01:23:32 pm »

That's what I was thinking too uberprutser, and I would think that the shorter ones with the two holes are for the rear, if anyone could confirm this. Only problem then would be getting a correct pair there too, now that Simon probably doesn't have any. So if anyone has any spares laying around, I would gladly like to buy them.

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
northmurena

« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2011, 10:08:32 am »

Hi Per,

if you have problems to find parts make a try at Jürgen Roterberg. He´s my first source everytime when i want good and original parts or advice. The easiest way to communicate with him is via Facebook (close to 24 hours online). Catching him at the phone is not so easy.

~Kai
northmurena

« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2011, 09:33:08 pm »

Hi Per,

like i have heared you have found Jürgen and also a solution for your parts.

~Kai
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2011, 11:45:07 pm »

I tried sending him an Email on the adress I found on the links page here on the forum, wasn't sure if I found him on Facebook or not... No answer on the mail yet thou.

On the other hand, I was contacted by a member on the forum which lives in Norway, he has a pair og wedges, the "type 3" ones which he got from MatraMagic. But I'm still curios on which ones are the original ones for the rear since the ones I have look a bit homemade

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
uberprutser

« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2011, 08:38:45 am »

As far as I can tell from the pictures you don't have any original wedges for the rear brakes.
They should look like this.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:09:42 am by uberprutser » Logged
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2011, 01:05:49 pm »

The plates with the 2 holes are Lancia parts.
These are perfectly good usable, but you need 2 locksprings to lock them in.
The Murena ones lock on one side with a lockspring and the other side like the picture.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
RazorbackNOR

« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2011, 01:48:57 pm »

Thank you Oetker! Very informative picture. And thank you for the info and a very informative picture. If anybody has pictures like this that shows these parts, I'd be happy if you also would post them here.

50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: