| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Espace tailgate struts  (Read 7541 times)
roy4matra
YaBB God

« on: March 19, 2008, 10:31:45 pm »

Hi all,

I'm the one in need of some data for a change.  I need to know the length of the tailgate struts when open for a series II Espace - that's the J63 models.  I am now the owner of a series I Quadra, and the rear struts are too short (the tailgate does not open high enough and I keep hitting my head on it!)  My guess is that someone has fitted later model struts and they are shorter.  However although the parts list show different part numbers they don't give any lengths.  I have the measurements for a Series III (JE) Espace and I'm sure I know what the series I (J11) should be, so I just need the Series II data.  If anyone has a series I Espace and wants to measure and provide me those figures as a cross check that would be useful.

So it will be useful to know what the different model lengths are.  Please measure centre of ball to centre of ball (you can use the locking clip as a guide as it is centered on the ball).  Also can you measure the length of the main body as these can vary and again are important.  Thanks.

Roy
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:43:12 am by roy4matra » Logged

TonyG

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 12:30:00 am »

Hi Roy.

I have a J63, I will measure the struts tomorrow if weather is ok.
Cheers Tony

1992 Espace RXE
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 10:48:43 pm »

Hi Roy.

I have a J63, I will measure the struts tomorrow if weather is ok.
Cheers Tony

No need now thanks Tony.  I have the details I need.

Roy

Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 03:02:25 am »

So you *did* get that Quadra after all - congratulations. This will probably see your business expand even further :-)

No need now thanks Tony.  I have the details I need.

So have you found the solution for your sore forehead ? Smiley
(i.e. *were* they too short?)

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 12:21:12 pm »

So you *did* get that Quadra after all - congratulations. This will probably see your business expand even further :-)

Well I will start to accumulate first hand knowledge of an Espace I at least which could be useful!  The Quadra was certainly useful yesterday for our club meeting, as the day started off under several inches of snow and the roads were rather icy and slippery.  It handled it all with no trouble!

I hear Renault Heritage now consider the Espace I a 'classic' and if you attend their selected events you are eligible for their hospitality, giveaways and prizes.  The Djet and Avantime are also eligible. (events in UK are La Vie en Bleu - Prescott Hillclimb, World Series by Renault at Silverstone, and the Bromley Pageant of motoring)

So have you found the solution for your sore forehead ? Smiley
(i.e. *were* they too short?)

Lennart

Yes, the series II are shorter than series I - approx. 21.5" compared to 24". (whilst the series III are the shortest of all)

Roy

Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 03:30:18 pm »

Well I will start to accumulate first hand knowledge of an Espace I at least which could be useful!  The Quadra was certainly useful yesterday for our club meeting, as the day started off under several inches of snow and the roads were rather icy and slippery.  It handled it all with no trouble!

I always found my Espace I very useful in snow. Its heavy front end and good power (and winter tyres) meant it could go through almost anything. 4 wheel drive would only make it better, of course.

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: