| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Passenger side electric window  (Read 32883 times)
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2020, 02:25:23 pm »

Apologies for the massive photo previously but I’ve no idea how to modify or even delete it. Newbie problem 🙄

It looks like Anders has already done it, but for future reference for any poster to the forum, any photo you are going to upload should not be the original (which is usually massive these days of 16 mega pixel and more cameras!)  So make a copy of the photo first, and then alter the copy to a maximum of 960 pixels wide, and then when you select the photo to upload to the forum, that is the one you select.

If you don't know how to alter your graphic sizes or resolutions, then I suggest you find out.  I can't give you details here as it will depend on what system you are using (Mac, Windows, Linux or even something else) and what program you use on your system.  But they all have the means to alter their parameters.

Just a thought but if you are taking the picture on a 'smart'phone, again the photo will probably be much too big but as I don't use one of these dumb things, I have no idea how they work.  But whatever, do not upload directly from a phone, unless you have reduced its size.  Someone else here will have to describe how that can be done.  Personally I would think the best way is to download the photo to a computer and do the alteration on the computer, but may be there is a way on the phone??

Thank you.

Roy
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 02:33:05 pm by roy4matra » Logged

roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2023, 05:02:14 pm »

Hi Roy
Thanks for that photo, it shows that the handle hole in your inner door skin is much larger than the holes on both my doors. Where the door pull bolts attach on mine is behind the inner door skin and the bolts go through holes in the skin. It explains my problem. They must have tried a different style of inner skin at some point in 1983.

Although the posting topic is Passenger side electric window, this will probably apply to both sides, and the photos here are of the drivers side.

This update is for all Murena owners as I have just been doing a demonstration at the recent Practical Classics Restoration Show and replacing a window motor just afterwards, which has refreshed my memory on this subject and I can now see that it appears there are three possible installations at least, that Matra probably made when installing electric windows! (or maybe converting a manual one to electric)

The first photo shows the larger opening on the door panel and crucially the door handle bracket having a support bracket fastened on the outside of the panel and riveted there, with the mechanism trapped inside the door handle bracket!

The second one shows the later smaller opening, and the mechanism is still inside the door handle bracket, but this time the front support is not riveted and the bracket is behind the panel so although it appears to be trapping the mechanism in there, I believe you can flex it inwards to leave a gap such that the mechanism can be removed.  I admit though I haven't done a swap on one with that assembly.

The third photo shows the later small opening with the mechanism just visible passing behind the door handle bracket, which makes it much easier to remove the motor and mechanism assembly.

So I apologise for suggesting you don't need to drill out any rivets because it appears that in the first case at least, that door handle support bracket would need to be released to allow the mechanism removal.

Roy
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 05:26:34 pm by roy4matra » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: