| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: murena restore  (Read 194644 times)
klumzer

« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2012, 05:21:29 pm »

Do you know the exact type of your weber carb? Are there any type number on it?

Unfortunately there is not so much information about weber carbs in Murena 2.2 on the forum... Sad
klumzer

« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2012, 07:33:33 pm »

Has anyone tried a similar doorseal as a replacement of the original?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-BOAT-VAN-CARAVAN-RUBBER-UNIVERSAL-DOOR-SEAL-TRIM-18mm-x-23mm-/271053889619?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f1c122053

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-VAN-CARAVAN-RUBBER-UNIVERSAL-DOOR-SEAL-TRIM-1-/261014896247?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cc5b33e77

Is it the right size?
klumzer

« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2012, 11:04:19 pm »

According to the parts catalog there should be a plate under the engine. Unfortunately it is missing on my car.

Could anyone send me a photo how it looks?
Thanks.  
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:49:22 pm by klumzer » Logged
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2012, 06:10:45 am »

I noticed one on eBay yesterday with a nice picture:

www.ebay.de/itm/Matra-Murena-Luftleitplatte-/320998638698

The plate has puzzled many Murena owners. In the auction, they call it a "Luftleitplatte" indicating that it somehow directs air into the engine room, but that was not the reason it was fitted. It was fitted on request of the German TÜV approval body to protect the fuel tank and it was only fitted to Murenas sold in Germany. It may also have been fitted to all 480 Murena S. Unless your car was originally German and you're insisting on getting it back to it's original state in every way, I think you should forget about it Smiley

Cheers,
Anders

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
klumzer

« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2012, 04:44:33 pm »

Thank you for the info. Now I know why it is "missing"... Smiley
klumzer

« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2012, 10:48:55 pm »

Could anyone send me some photos of the upholstery at the rear compartment? Mainly at the rear side windows from the inner side and above the mid window.
I forgot to take some before removal - stupid me - but now it would be good to have some to send to the upholsterer.

Thanks in advance.
northmurena

« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2012, 11:33:51 pm »

Anders, are you sure that the plate should cover the fuel tank ? I have an old illustration from a sales brochure in my mind. Of course that is now 30 years ago,  but i´m pretty sure that there was written it should create a little vacuum by high speed to get the hot air faster out off the engine-room. And in cause only the german Autobahn was without speed-limit they made it only for the german cars.

Hilsen
Kai
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2012, 06:42:12 am »

Not much help but only 1 picture.

Picture Richard

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
Anders Dinsen
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2012, 07:40:33 am »

Anders, are you sure that the plate should cover the fuel tank ? I have an old illustration from a sales brochure in my mind. Of course that is now 30 years ago,  but i´m pretty sure that there was written it should create a little vacuum by high speed to get the hot air faster out off the engine-room. And in cause only the german Autobahn was without speed-limit they made it only for the german cars.

Hilsen
Kai

Interesting. I find it a little hard to beleive though, as the plate is mounted under the car in front of the engine, so it shouldn't affect suction of air out of the engine room.

Suction of air from the engine room is driven by the rear end of the car: The two air channels under the trunk exiting in the rear bumper. This is actually a very clever design since there's a considerable vacuum in that area (depending on speed of course), and even more so on the Murena S with it's large rear spoiler. It's a nice engine (and especially exhaust) cooling design and obviously one that was inspired by Matras race cars.

Theoretically, the plate could create a bit of flat bottom ground effect aero increasing downforce slightly. If that was the case, the location near the middle of the car would make some sense. I'm still skeptical, since with the relatively small size of the plate and the large ride height of the car, I doubt if any flat botton effect would be measurable.

The rear spoiler as fitted on the Murena S is very effective though. It's size means a considerable increase in downforce on the rear, probably significatly increasing rear end stability around the top speed of 200 km/h.

/Anders
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 08:27:08 am by Anders Dinsen » Logged

1982 Talbot Matra Murena 2.2 prep 142
2017 BMW i3 "Charged Professional" 94Ah

Used to own:
2001 Renault Matra Grand Espace "The Race" V6 24v
1997 Renault Matra Espace 2.0 8V
1987 Renault Matra Espace J11 2.2
TimS

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2012, 11:49:25 am »

Are you having your whole car retrimmed?

I'd be interested to know how much your trimmer is asking, as I will need new carpets for mine in the back. Are standard black ones still available?
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2012, 11:52:52 am »

Anders, are you sure that the plate should cover the fuel tank ? I have an old illustration from a sales brochure in my mind. Of course that is now 30 years ago,  but i´m pretty sure that there was written it should create a little vacuum by high speed to get the hot air faster out off the engine-room. And in cause only the german Autobahn was without speed-limit they made it only for the german cars.

Hilsen
Kai

Interesting. I find it a little hard to beleive though, as the plate is mounted under the car in front of the engine, so it shouldn't affect suction of air out of the engine room.

Suction of air from the engine room is driven by the rear end of the car: The two air channels under the trunk exiting in the rear bumper. This is actually a very clever design since there's a considerable vacuum in that area (depending on speed of course), and even more so on the Murena S with it's large rear spoiler. It's a nice engine (and especially exhaust) cooling design and obviously one that was inspired by Matras race cars.

Theoretically, the plate could create a bit of flat bottom ground effect aero increasing downforce slightly. If that was the case, the location near the middle of the car would make some sense. I'm still skeptical, since with the relatively small size of the plate and the large ride height of the car, I doubt if any flat botton effect would be measurable.

The rear spoiler as fitted on the Murena S is very effective though. It's size means a considerable increase in downforce on the rear, probably significatly increasing rear end stability around the top speed of 200 km/h.

/Anders

I always thought it was just a drip pan to catch leaking oil.  Grin

Matranaut par excellence Cool
klumzer

« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2012, 01:17:23 pm »

I always thought it was just a drip pan to catch leaking oil.  Grin

Grin
klumzer

« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2012, 02:01:12 pm »

Are you having your whole car retrimmed?

I'd be interested to know how much your trimmer is asking, as I will need new carpets for mine in the back. Are standard black ones still available?

Yes, I will have the whole car retrimmed. In the cockpit all the fabrics were worn, the roof panel and the seat cushions too. The original light brown fabric was not too tough... In the back it looked bad because of the sun.

Retrim of the rear compartment costs about €4-500, but it is relative. I think in the UK it is more expensive.
A good upholsterer can provide any fabrics what you need. Maybe the black one is cheaper than brown.

If you want to have the rear compartment retrimmed you have to do some extra work. First you have to remove the side windows. The leather goes under the glass covering the B- and C-pillars. That is why I need some pics taken from the inner side.
klumzer

« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2012, 02:04:20 pm »

Not much help but only 1 picture.

Picture Richard

Thanks.
TimS

« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2012, 09:47:56 pm »

Are you having leather or cloth then?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: