| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: EOW 1W MATRA 1.9 RESTORATION  (Read 208542 times)
TELBOY

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2016, 03:54:22 pm »

Great advice......Thanks for the tip... logically that would help make it soft and stretch a little!
Thanks alot.
TELBOY

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 08:06:18 pm »

So! determined that storm Katie would not stop me from getting on, I decided to finally get around to removing the g/box section of driveshaft, replace oil seals and refurb the driveshaft with the parts I need from the pug 1.9 one I had found!
Only to find that the reason it was sold was the fact that the part I need (the tripod) is almost usless!!!!!
Does anyone know where I can purchase needle bearings of the correct size?Huh?? baring in mind they are from a pug 1.9!
TELBOY

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 11:15:10 am »

At long last>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ready to refit. New needle bearings, new rollers, "thrust washers" and circlips! If the other side is as bad will pay a visit to "shaft tech"!!!!
TELBOY

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2016, 05:59:26 pm »

Let the rebuild commence!
TELBOY

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2016, 10:45:38 am »

Morning all............ Have been scouring the forum to find the size of the brake bleed nipples!  And it appears they are an unusual size!!! does anyone know (apart from Simons) where these can be obtained? Mine don't look too good!
Thanks, Tel.
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2016, 11:34:22 am »

Morning all............ Have been scouring the forum to find the size of the brake bleed nipples!  And it appears they are an unusual size!!! does anyone know (apart from Simons) where these can be obtained? Mine don't look too good!
Thanks, Tel.
Do you mean the front or the back?  The front have a 7mm thread, which I have seen on other French vehicles.  Try your local Peugeot dealer.
TELBOY

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2016, 11:35:56 am »

Thanks Pete......rear!
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2016, 04:37:01 pm »

The rear nipple in the banjo bolt is the same, 7mm with a 1mm pitch.  The banjo bolt itself is (I think) 11mm x 1.5mm.  As for the nipple in the rear caliper itself, I tried to extract one from a spare to look at it, but it's well and truly corroded in.  You don't need to use that to bleed the brakes anyway.  It looks larger than 7mm.
TELBOY

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2016, 08:59:43 am »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Caliper-Bleed-Screws-Nipples-M7-x-1mm-Pitch-Pack-2-/201542839206?hash=item2eece3aba6:g:kb8AAOSwwpdW6Tzn

Thanks again Pete.
TELBOY

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2016, 01:51:29 pm »

So, Where were we?
This little corner:- half new drive shaft the other half refurbed with new tripod. New gearbox oil seal carrier bearing and boots. New copper brake pipes, caliper refurbed, new hand brake cable and not forgetting new bleed nipple!. Swing arm swaped with Donna, treated painted and filled with oil. New wheel bearings new drop link rubbers roll bar rubbers new Swingarm rubbers brake pads shock removed treated and painted. Outer suspension mount cut out and new one welded in, all bare metal treated and painted.......think that's about it!!!!!!!
Before and after!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 02:06:04 pm by TELBOY » Logged
TELBOY

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2016, 07:20:03 pm »

Work is continuing on EOW1W......set about removing panels and left hand driveshaft to remove engine from Donna! I needed the swing arm but this is  "U.S"!. I know they are as rare as hens teeth but anyone got a good serviceable one for a 2.2 I could purchase?Huh? I am not hopeful so could anyone tell me what "SIMONS" prices are all about? He lists them for just under 550 euros, but also lists the same part with a "p" next to the number for 120 euros!!!!  with a "deposit" Is this an exchange price? any info on this or anyone with a "spare" or any other place that can supply it would be really appreciated...............also posted in "market place"

Thanks Terry
TELBOY

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2016, 12:51:33 pm »

Next stage, entitled:- Shoud've brought a Porsche, or, repeat steps 1-1742 :-
TELBOY

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2016, 08:44:55 pm »

Lovely day spent working on the car:-
Donna has been getting jealous having not been photographed for some time! Here she is partially stripped as I am removing the engine and need the rear fender, rear valence and the panel that goes just under the boot. She was fitted with the rear Ferrari style rear lights with the after market panel. Gonna have a lovely black and white Murena when its finished!!!!!!   
jlg

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2016, 12:04:07 am »

Your old trailing arms look like they are 1.6 ones and the one you have refurbished looks odd to me (like a 1.6 refabrication).  Are you sure you need a 2.2 arm?
TELBOY

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2016, 02:47:31 pm »

Hi JLG,
Think so! The ones on EOW I am refurbishing looked like the 1.6 ones, both are US. the FIRST one I removed from Donna looked like an almost new 2.2 so I removed all traces of rust and painted and filled with oil! the other one on Donna looks like a 1.6 but is also U.S. I presumed  the one that I have used  is a 2.2 (at least looking at all the info I can find on them) so I thought I would just get another 2.2 to keep them the same., I seemed to remember that I could use 2.2 on a 1.6 but not visa versa. (EOW is a 1.9 pug engine)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: