| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print
Author Topic: EOW 1W MATRA 1.9 RESTORATION  (Read 52078 times)
TELBOY
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 196



« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2018, 01:21:21 pm »

Hopefully winter has been and gone. Whilst replacing brake pipe clips I noted that the outside fuel tank strap had suffered from the dreaded metal worm! so I had to make one of these and fit. Relatively simple task but on first glance the rotted one looked ok but the tank had dropped and was resting on the chassis.
Logged
Jon Weywadt
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 984



« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2018, 11:17:11 am »

Hopefully winter has been and gone. Whilst replacing brake pipe clips I noted that the outside fuel tank strap had suffered from the dreaded metal worm! so I had to make one of these and fit. Relatively simple task but on first glance the rotted one looked ok but the tank had dropped and was resting on the chassis.

I solved that problem several years ago by making a new set in stainless steel. Replaced them at the same time I installed stainless cooling and heating pipes. Also replaced the pipes mounting straps.
Logged

Matranaut par excellence Cool
TELBOY
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 196



« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2018, 09:53:01 am »

Hopefully winter has been and gone. Whilst replacing brake pipe clips I noted that the outside fuel tank strap had suffered from the dreaded metal worm! so I had to make one of these and fit. Relatively simple task but on first glance the rotted one looked ok but the tank had dropped and was resting on the chassis.

I solved that problem several years ago by making a new set in stainless steel. Replaced them at the same time I installed stainless cooling and heating pipes. Also replaced the pipes mounting straps.

Snap.already fitted stainless pipes and brackets!
Logged
TELBOY
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 196



« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2018, 01:59:43 pm »

Hi all.  More help needed!  Can anyone share a photo of the brake pressure limiter? Not sure i am connecting inlet and outlet correctly!  Many thanks Tel
Logged
Oetker
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 1058



« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2018, 07:00:39 am »

Sorry for my late reply.
This is the only pic I have.
The down connnection is in.
Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
speed pete
Newbie
*
Posts: 7


« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2018, 04:48:25 pm »

i want fat cat!!!!!!!

Here he is : Billy the cat
Logged
TELBOY
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 196



« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2018, 05:25:10 pm »

looks evil
Logged
TELBOY
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 196



« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2018, 05:27:03 pm »

Thanks for the photo oetker..great help Smiley
Logged
TELBOY
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 196



« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2018, 07:20:15 pm »

Summer is here at last. Rear window trim fitted.
Logged
TELBOY
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 196



« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2018, 07:35:56 pm »

nice day for it!!!
Logged
Oetker
YaBB God
*****
Posts: 1058



« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2018, 04:01:26 pm »

The car looks better every time.
Way to go Cool
Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
TELBOY
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 196



« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2018, 08:00:15 pm »

Thanks Oetker. Appreciate the comment. Back to work tomorrow so no more work on her for a couple of weeks Sad
Logged
TELBOY
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 196



« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2018, 04:16:55 pm »

My attention has now turned to the nose cone / bumper / spoiler, what ever it is called! Originally I was going to use the one from EOW but have now opted to use the one from Donna. This is because it has a moulded light housing compared to just a metal plate from what I must presume was the original design
Logged
TELBOY
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 196



« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2018, 04:19:17 pm »

The top rubber strip had been secured using double sided tape so was easily removed the impact strip had been replaced at some time and was secured using bolts which had all rusted and needed cutting out with a grinder (carefully) whilst dribbling water onto the bolts so as not to "melt" the fibreglass.
Logged
TELBOY
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 196



« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2018, 04:21:39 pm »

After cleaning and patiently filling any imperfections it the had three coats of primer rubbing down after each coat with a cutting paste!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:24:42 pm by TELBOY » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: