| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Print
Author Topic: EOW 1W MATRA 1.9 RESTORATION  (Read 213025 times)
TELBOY

« Reply #360 on: October 18, 2022, 09:14:36 am »

more:-
Grapes

« Reply #361 on: October 19, 2022, 03:45:31 pm »

Wow I love that upholstery! Is that a different door panel from the brown ones or re-upholstered? Did you also re-foam that chair?
I have a whole set of spare seats and my plan is to do something similar to that. I just don't know how yet and where to start and where to find the time.
I always liked the two tone I seen in the pictures of the Bagheera and this definitely has the same vibes for me.
TELBOY

« Reply #362 on: October 19, 2022, 04:44:16 pm »

The door cards I re-upholstered, I to had some spare seats so I took the best ones and did a little repair to the sponge. The covers came from Politechnic in france. If memory serves me the do about 15-20 different types. In all honesty they needed a lot of sewing to get right.
Grapes

« Reply #363 on: October 19, 2022, 10:34:55 pm »

Ah I've seen those on their site but those pictures don't look nearly as enticing as seeing it actually on the chairs. Good to know they still need a lot of sewing.
TELBOY

« Reply #364 on: November 05, 2022, 06:30:44 pm »

And so the year of "tinkering" begins, when I find all the things I have done wrong, the things that don't work and the things I don't like. So far I have driven it about 800yrds and found the brakes appear to be dragging (think I may have the hand brake adjusted to tightly), that first gear is uncomfortably close to reverse and during my long distance trip (see above) the auxiliary driving lights stopped working!!! as did the reversing lights.
suffolkpete
YaBB God

« Reply #365 on: November 09, 2022, 12:36:59 pm »

The handbrake cable should always have sufficient slack to allow the operating arms on the wheel cylinders to return fully when released, otherwise the self-adjustment will not work.  If the brakes drag then check that the pivot between the pedal and the master cylinder is free, this is a common problem when a car hasn't been used for a while.
TELBOY

« Reply #366 on: November 09, 2022, 04:44:53 pm »

Thanks Pete, hadn't though of that. Have just driven it around the block, fixed brake light ( blown bulb)  but now noticed speedo not working! I have a spare so will make sure the drive isn't seized first. Apart from that have had absolutely zero time but she does appear to drive fine, shame the steering wheel is on the wrong side lol. Will take a bit of getting used to.
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #367 on: November 16, 2022, 09:35:17 pm »

And so the year of "tinkering" begins...

Congratulations Terry on 'completing' the restoration.  The car certainly looks good in those photos, and is a tribute to all the time and effort you have put in.  Yes, I know the next step will be finding out all the niggles or things that need a little more work, but once you have a car that can be used, it becomes much easier.  A 'rolling' restoration will usually proceed faster than one that is still off the road.

Roy

TELBOY

« Reply #368 on: November 18, 2022, 10:49:27 am »

Thanks Roy, I am in no doubt that without your, and too many other people to mentions help I would have given up years ago! I have had it checked over at a garage and have a list of things to put right! mainly little faults such as headlights not lined up, camber well out, couple of lights not working, hand brake adjustment, gear change needs adjusting, front roll bar rubbers, all little things in my opinion that shouldn't take me long, but I am going to go for a full calliper rebuild all round. It is back in the garden under cover as I'm in the middle of installing a new kitchen! Realistically it will be in the new year before I get cracking again but I cant wait to start enjoying her and giving the other car a rest!!!
TELBOY

« Reply #369 on: June 05, 2023, 03:04:18 pm »

hello all,

Apart from the difference in price, is anyone aware of any differences between the new fuse boards sold by CARJOY and SIMONS.
Am thinking of getting one and just wondering as the prices are 40 euro different (not including the one sold with fuses and relays)
matramurena

« Reply #370 on: June 05, 2023, 09:11:27 pm »

Not sure if there is any difference. You will still have the old connectors to the fuseplate though and I think these are where most electrical problems are comming from.

1983 Matra Murena V6 (AR engine)
2003 Matra Avantime 2.0T Expression
2003 Matra Avantime V6 Privilege
TELBOY

« Reply #371 on: June 06, 2023, 12:44:27 pm »

Thanks for the info. Roy converted mine so the connections are the only thing that is good! The actual tracks on the PCB are showing signs of wear so it's only a matter of time before they give up the goust.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: