| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Passenger side electric window  (Read 32870 times)
davidewanprice
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:26:23 pm »

The passenger side electric window has been playing up for years now and i really want it fixing. If you lower the window its very slow, raising once you've done this is even slower!  sometimes making a clicking noise, and when the window reaches  the top, the motor clicks like the mechanism is slipping. The driver side just stops, no noise.

Ive disconected the glass and let the mechanism work without load and it seems fine, the glass seems to move fairly freely in the channels (when raising and lowering by hand). So does this mean its just a tired motor or maybe a broken cog inside? slipping under strss of the load?

I was going to reove the motor but am not sure how. Can someone advise?
phil75

Matra Passion Member

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:01:09 pm »

I think that the engine is very tired.

I had the same symptoms on mine before it ceases functioning definitively.

But I did not have time to look at more closely.

On the other hand last week I bought a mechanism with engine of Renault 9

First note : the engine is identical with that of the murena (even reference engraved above)

and second notice :  the mechanisms are similar

- Philippe -
Matra Murena 2.2 1983 engine 20000 km
Yamaha R1 2004  9000 km (engine)
VW Golf II 1.8 1990 209000 km
Rover 111 1994 155000 km
phil75

Matra Passion Member

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 05:05:02 pm »

Here are in photographs that of the murena:

Here are in photographs that of the Renault 9 :

reference of the engine : Bosch 0 130 821 046

- Philippe -
Rover 111 1994 155000 km
davidewanprice
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 08:25:43 pm »

Thanks for the pictures, would you say its work the effort to try to fix it, im thinking even if i find the fault, the part won't be available, except if i buy the full motor? thats if i can get that?
phil75

Matra Passion Member

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 10:49:01 pm »

I believe that the mechanism is not available any more, the engine him must be for approximately 80€, I have pay that of Renault 9 10€ (used)  Grin Grin Grin

- Philippe -
Rover 111 1994 155000 km
hru

Murena Lover :-)

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 08:35:44 pm »

The passenger side electric window has been playing up for years now and i really want it fixing. If you lower the window its very slow, raising once you've done this is even slower!  sometimes making a clicking noise, and when the window reaches  the top, the motor clicks like the mechanism is slipping. The driver side just stops, no noise.

Ive disconected the glass and let the mechanism work without load and it seems fine, the glass seems to move fairly freely in the channels (when raising and lowering by hand). So does this mean its just a tired motor or maybe a broken cog inside? slipping under strss of the load?

I was going to remove the motor but am not sure how. Can someone advise?

Hi David

You should take a look at
http://www.matrasport.dk/forum/index.php?topic=773.0
(you must log in to see the pictures)
I have renovated the motors, it can be done and also cheap.

I have another problem also, which is the broken tooth wheel - this is not easy  Sad

/Henrik

Matra Murena 2.2
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 10:52:18 pm »

Lubricating everything will help, but the motor wil not get back to the original power.
In time a electical motor will lose EMK (electrical motorpower).
That is caused by losing Magnetisme over time.
However you can gain a lot by waxing windowslides and frame, and put in new silcon grease in the gearbox and slider.
Also cleaning the motor and lubricating will help.

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
davidewanprice
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 06:07:48 pm »

I'll try and remove it later and see whats to do, thanks for the info..
davidewanprice
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 09:40:37 pm »

Ok today was D day, I took my time and took out the motor etc and cleaned everything and put it back, i didnt take the motor to bits as i couldnt see an easy way in. Anyway i cleaned it as best i could and cleaned the inner door runners and put it back.... Doh, no improvement, guess im going to have to look out for a new system.. If anyone see's one do let me know. Thanks guys, David
Oetker
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 12:03:52 am »

If you did all that, and the system is running smoothly, only a new motor wil do the trick.
That can be difficult.
I don't need to replace the system yet, but I am on the lookout for something that wil fit.
I am not at the point yet that I have exact sizes of all things, but looking around my eye did fall on the Ford Ka systemfrom around 96.
Angle and fitting does look it may be a alternative with some adjustments.
Not sure that its possible, but will find out in time.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 01:17:54 am by Oetker » Logged

I feel like Jonah, only my fish looks different.
Murena 2.2 Red 1982. Murena 1.6 black on places.
davidewanprice
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 07:11:07 pm »

Is there anyone with progress on this topic?

Ive asked Matra Magic if he has an original motor but no can do...

RazorbackNOR

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 08:13:13 pm »

What about Simon, anybody checked there?

2010 Mazda 3 1,6  Diesel Gunmetal Blue
1983 Matra Murena 2.2 Platine
50cc Pocketbike
IPSC shooter
murramor

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 11:39:07 pm »

I believe that the mechanism is not available any more, the engine him must be for approximately 80€,  Grin Grin Grin

My French is bad but I believe there is a new electric motor which came on to eBay today.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290277264409&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123

Ron Murrell
Sydney, Australia
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 07:05:24 pm »

The passenger side electric window has been playing up for years now and i really want it fixing. If you lower the window its very slow, raising once you've done this is even slower!  sometimes making a clicking noise, and when the window reaches  the top, the motor clicks like the mechanism is slipping. The driver side just stops, no noise.

Yes the motor is probably the real fault.  The mechanism is rarely at fault from my experience.  And the clicking is also a common problem - see my FAQ's for the low-down.

I was going to reove the motor but am not sure how. Can someone advise?

That is also explained in my FAQ's  However, it was only finished recently so I do accept that it may not have been there when you last visited.  Another reason to at least check the index page occasionally.

One suggestion here to you and others.  Since you don't really need an electric window on the drivers side (which is easy to reach and work) but an electric one on the passenger side is almost a must as it is out of reach, and in the UK at least it is often the one you need for tolls, booths, etc. why not do what Mercedes used to do and I did with mine.  Change the drivers door to manual (plenty of these available as everyone wanted electric!) and then you can use your good motor on the passenger side.

Roy
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 02:48:04 am by roy4matra » Logged

Jon Weywadt
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 09:59:37 pm »

Hi all.

I am new to the forum and new owner of a Murena. But I have helped a friend restoring his Murena and one thing I did on it, was fix the passengerside electric window. When it worked it was very slow. This turned out to be caused by all the gunk that had build up, over the years, in the guides and on the edges of the window. Removing the glass and cleaning everything, made it work great (when it worked) After putting everything back together it didn't work at all. After much troubleshooting, we found that the reason it was not getting power, was that the wire feeding the power to the window switch had falen off, ON THE DRIVERS SIDE. It turns out that the passenger window get its power from a wire connected to the driver side window switch. Squeezing the terminal for a tighter fit solved the problem.

Matranaut par excellence Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: