| Home  Blogs Help Search Login Register  
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: EOW 1W MATRA 1.9 RESTORATION  (Read 212932 times)
TELBOY

« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2016, 01:58:18 pm »

At long last some progress! New swing arm obtained by Roy (Thanks Roy) new bearings new rubbers, drop links, usual drive shaft refurb including all needle bearings checked and cleaned, new tripod retainers, circlips, and boots............havnt got around to replacing brake pipes on this side yet! (unlike the other side they look like they were replaced at some point and don't look bad!) struts removed cleaned and painted, and thankfully unlike Donna could not find any rust on this side Smiley
TELBOY

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2016, 01:39:55 pm »

Havn't given an update for some time so thought I'd bring everyone up to date!
EOW now sits hen her own 4 wheels !!!! Work has continued with a little of the interior done. The roof lining has been removed and will soon be ready for re-trimming. The lining was secured by 4 screws at the back but no retainers at the front with just glue around the front and sides. Once removed I removed the carpet material by soaking in boiling water to remove most of the carpet material, then used a hair trimmer to remove the remainder and then using a small blow torch removed any excess material I will include a photo later showing the lining with "most" of the carpet removed! The head liner itself is made from a brittle type of plastic but has "sagged" in places this will be an easy fix as I have some ideas. Fabrication of the "mud guards" on the inner wing area is being undertaken using 0.9mm steel plating. Decided this may be better than using a similar material than was originally used. The plastic sheet under the rear fenders boot area has been replaced using a good quality plastic sheet which was fitted after immersion in the tumble dryer to make it stretch slightly and then secured using an outdoor frame sealent and painted to allow it to shrink thus making a taught fit. 
TELBOY

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2016, 01:53:04 pm »

Bottom of photo shows the carpet soaked in boiling water being pulled of,f the centre section shows the lining after having a hair cut, and the top left shows the finished result ready for a re trim!
TELBOY

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2017, 04:48:40 pm »

Upon inspection it was apparent lining had sagged a little photo shows by how much! so I made two metal braces which were riveted to the outside of the lining to offer support. The lining was then riveted to the braces and the photo also shows the almost flush fit of the rivets which will be hidden by the lining material.
TELBOY

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2017, 04:52:03 pm »

Fabrication of "fender guards" ready to paint and fit. As can be seen the templates I had removed from the car were not too good!
TELBOY

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2017, 04:36:39 pm »

floor at last now welded into place!
TELBOY

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2017, 10:23:17 am »

A good weeks work! although Matra Cat GB was bored so found a feather!
TELBOY

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2017, 10:31:05 am »

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:20:42 pm by TELBOY » Logged
Lennart Sorth
Administrator
YaBB God

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2017, 07:43:09 pm »

:-)

Very nice work, - I just discovered that my roof lining has the same problem as yours, so
I will be applying your 'fix' as well.
I'm sure they end up sagging when the car is parked outside in the sun (mine never had
a problem while it was parked in a carport)

Keep the reports coming

/Lennart

Lennart.Sorth@matrasport.dk
Murena 1983 1.9i silver // Honda e '20 Charge Yellow  // VW Polo '22 1.0 tsi silver//
TELBOY

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2017, 09:25:46 pm »

Think mine just got old and damp! (bit like me)
finished wing and cill
TELBOY

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2017, 06:21:24 pm »

Looks ok in the photos but unfortunately not so good in real life!!! Anyone know how the bottom of the wings should be secured to the cill??
TELBOY

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2017, 06:28:56 pm »

rear wing
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 06:32:09 pm by TELBOY » Logged
roy4matra
YaBB God

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2017, 10:19:59 pm »

Looks ok in the photos but unfortunately not so good in real life!!! Anyone know how the bottom of the wings should be secured to the cill??

Yes.  Since you have the 'S' sills on the car, you need special brackets front and rear to fasten the wings.  It is all explained on my website in an FAQ.  The front bracket is riveted first behind the wing and then the bracket is riveted to the car.  The rear bracket simply fastens the rear of the sill to the car, one rivet to the sill, one to the car.  The brackets are shown in the parts manual.

Roy

TELBOY

« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2017, 01:25:06 pm »

Yes.  Since you have the 'S' sills on the car, you need special brackets front and rear to fasten the wings.  It is all explained on my website in an FAQ.  The front bracket is riveted first behind the wing and then the bracket is riveted to the car.  The rear bracket simply fastens the rear of the sill to the car, one rivet to the sill, one to the car.  The brackets are shown in the parts manual.

Roy

Thanks Roy, will check it out.
TELBOY

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2017, 09:23:26 pm »

Thanks again Roy, had a look at your FAQ section and believe I understand well enough even though the pictures in "Simons" catalogue arn't particularly clear! I will make some from galvernized sheeting at the weekend.
Tel
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: